General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

rich people want nice cars, as do people of more moderate income.

ferrari just fills a niche.

it may be a status symbol but i'm sure none of you doodz would kick one out of your garage over a civic...

Old 10-12-2006, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: cderalow

a guy that lives up the street from my aunt in virginia has owned to date: a 355 spyder, and a f430 coupe...

also currently in his garage...

Acura NSX
Porche Cayenne Turbo S
911 Turbo
and of course the F430....

IS HIS DRIVEWAY MADE OF GOLD?!!! rich tw@

Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: ProjectH

Dont ever say that one car company is "reserved" as a status symbol. Wrong. Ferrari is one..of many.
Have you ever driven a Ferrari? They are MUCH more than a status symbol. LIke someone above said, some people do buy them just to say they have a ferrari, but the majority of their clientel is composed of die hard performance fans. My uncle use to have a 355 Spyder, hell of a car let me tell you. Yes it was expensive to maintain, but well worth it. And he drove it daily all summer long, it really wasn't all that bad of a ride
I hear ya, and agree. I just find it so funny when people say its not a status symbol. Ok its more, but it for sure is a status symbol too, and I think more then being a fast car its a symbol. You dont hear people saying "hey i have a car that has 650hp" when talking about a Ferrari. They say "hey I have a Ferrari!"

Old 10-12-2006, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

Status symbols come in different degrees as well and are established with individual class and preference. To some a BMW is a status symbol, but for others is like driving a Honda. And even within manufacturers... guy who owns a 911 Turbo will not give as much credit to the guy driving a Boxster, and a guy driving a BMW M5 will not extend as much respect to one driving an M3 or 3 series. Benz owner looks down on the BMW owner, a Bentley owner looks down on the Benz owner it goes on and on. The middle class status symbols would be on a different scale than that of the "rich guy." But IMO, Ferrari would be a status symbol to owners abroad...

Old 10-12-2006, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ProjectH

hahaha are you real?? You think those rich CEO's and Priests who are able to buy these cars care about how they perform on the track or their top end speed??? No way man.
They do where I play.... Yes, there's an F430 in the pic (which I got to go around track in)

Old 10-12-2006, 12:32 PM

along with a 550 (yellow right), Testarosa? (red center), 360 (red back right? or that an rx-8?), and a 333 (red can am on right?), an a 355 (blue up front left?)

also that a porsche next to the alfa in the middle?

lots of vettes in there... also chrysler crossfire doesn't deserve to be in the mix... neither does the pos sho in the back (at least thats what it looks like it is)

Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cderalow

along with a 550 (yellow right),

Testarosa? (red center)
That's a race prepped 355 driven by a professional driver. and there is no Testerossa in the picture.

ORIGINAL: cderalow, 360 (red back right? or that an rx-8?),
That's on the left and it is an RX-8

ORIGINAL: cderalowand a 333 (red can am on right?),
There's no Ferrari right of the 550.

ORIGINAL: cderalowan a 355 (blue up front left?)
ORIGINAL: cderalowalso that a porsche next to the alfa in the middle?
There are several Posrches in there

ORIGINAL: cderalowlots of vettes in there... also chrysler crossfire doesn't deserve to be in the mix... neither does the pos sho in the back (at least thats what it looks like it is)
Hehe.... Many of the slower cars are not stock, so they're not slow.

LOL, that SHO was one of the faster cars out there ;-) Here is video from that day. http://panamapat.no-ip.info/SHO/Vid/...1008143931.avi. The guy in the yellow suit and red hat on the right standing next to me (black shirt) is 3 time Le Mans winner Roland Linder and he was driving the modified F-40LM you missed in the picture ;-) Roland is impressed with both of the SHO's my buddy Pat brings out there. The SHO in the picture put down 520 hp to the wheels ;-)

Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

Who owns the red LMP open prototype next to the silver Audi? That's gotta be fun...

Old 10-12-2006, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

My thread has been hijacked and crashed...

I was hoping to get a list of stuff required to achieve Ferarri power... Nice pic of the cars, though.

I am constantly trying to learn about car engines and stuff so a list would be really nice, guys.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

^ Sorry man. So what Ferrari are you attempting to conquer. 355 territory? Low 13 high 12s. That would be fairly attainable.

Quick Reply: My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!