General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My stolen 1990 Honda Civic DX

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Default My stolen 1990 Honda Civic DX

In 1995 I traded my truck off for this 1990 honda civic hatch back Dx model,it was a straight trade ,the dealer told me that the car just came in as a repo,. This Honda civic was the best car I had ever owned,the power doesn't even come close to the my 2010 Honda civic sedan,I have owned standard most of my life,but this 1990 Honda was something more special,the painted black had red flecks in the paint that you could see up close,I had washed and waxed it almost every day,when I drove it,it squeeled the tires at every gear except 5th,the clutch was so touchy,that it would stall if I didn't give it enough gas to start moving,the handling and speed still astounds me,I was the proud owner of this car for two weeks,until it was stolen, when I bought it ,there was a tiny crack in the windsheild like a stone chip,it wasn't worth mentioning to the dealer about it,but a auto glass guy came to my house late one night telling me that he had a order to fix the windshield,this was a sunday night,told me which store to bring and it would be fixed for free,told me to leave the keys in the tail pipe,they would bring it in themselves ,the catch was this car had a computer chip under the dash,if you took out the chip the car could not start,so i dropped off the car to the glass shop,was not leaving the key in the muffler,so i tossed the spare key under the garage door so no-one could get it from the outside,but I had to leave them the computer chip or else they could not start the car, the next day I call the glass shop to inquire about the status,they claim they have no black honda civic on their lot,but they do have a key for a honda,after calling the police,I had to wait a full month for the insurance to payout the claim.the thief know that I would most likely keep the chip in the house at all night,but I would be forced to leave it in at a different location,especially if he had the spare key,how did they know where I lived ? unless the dealer told him,? My friends big V-8 couldn't keep up to this honda civic,who ever owned it must have altered the engine somewhat,stripped it for its parts and got rid of the rest,cops never did notified me that they found it.But for two weeks I truely believe I had the fastest Honda civic in this city.just thought I would share my story with you honda fans.this picture is a copy of my only photo print of my car for two weeks.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

one reason why i dont leave my vehicle at any shop....
but a old EF or EG are very easy to steal!!!!!!
my friend in florida just got a EF hatch.
cheap cars to own and drive for sure! just sucks they are also easy to steal. just be sure to put a nice security system or antitheft device on any older car you care about! the more creative you are the better chance it wont just be hotwired and driven away! but it can still be towed away and they can take there time to figure it out or just scrap out what they want and ditch the rest of your ride. no true way to protect your ride. only protect the value with insurance.

Last edited by addiction2bass; 06-27-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:08 PM

my new 2010 honda has the antitheft device in it now,not sure how reliable this system is,but I paid the extra insurance for it so i'm covered for total replacement value for the first two years without losing any depreciation,part of that extra insurance is also your trade in value,i'm good for 30,000 dollars- the trade plus the total cost of the new car,not sure how your insurance works in the states,but it sure is peace of mind for the first two years of auto insurance-plus all my parts have identifications numbers stamped all over the car,no garages are allowed to touch parts with numbers even if they are scratched off or the garage would lose their permits to be paid by our government insurance and lose their garage license too,.its all a risky business for sure.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well theres legal..... and theres illegal
if it was a legal shop they wouldnt be using stolen parts.LOL