General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need opinions on price of this civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Default Need opinions on price of this civic

Hey guys,
I found a civic that I really like and im curious what you guys think about pricing. This is the sellers short description and I was able to get out of him that the motor is a Vtec. How much should I offer him? Or a better question is,How much would you offer him? He's asking 5000.00 OBO.

1993 Honda Civic, 5 spd all power options, 134,--- miles. The outside of the car consists of 17" icon rims w/loprofile tires, full blitz body kit, rear spoiler and custom paint, bottom color is electron blue pearlcoat (SI) split with black and silver on top, it has halo 1 piece front headlights and aftermarket taillights also coilover suspension and 4" muffler. The interior is stock besides a b&m short throw shifter, and sony mp3 player.

I kept getting errors trying to upload the pics onto the thread so heres a link to the pics.

I need honest opinions on this....I dont want to low ball him and I dont want to rip myself off.

http://www.putfile.com/joestrange/images/

Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: Need opinions on price of this civic

Well, it's not my taste as far as paint and bodykit goes. The condition on the engine makes a huge difference. I got mine completely stock, 5 spd, all power with 130xxx miles for $2000.

So, if the engine is tip-top I'd offer $3000, reason being, I'd have to get a new bumper and hooh (or paint the hood), and it's highly modified, which normally means it's jimmy-rigged everywhere.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

5000 my ***

Old 07-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

lol, tell him for 5000 dollars you want his recording equipment too

Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

I agree that 5,000 is a rediculous price for that car. He's trying to rob someone. I don't care what it looks like, its still a 14 yr old car with 134,--- miles on it. If he cant accept a 3K offer then look else where bc even that is a little much. Let him know that you appreciate (sounds good enough??) the work hes done to the body, but this isnt a Classic Model T and body work does not add value. If he cannot get over this, than he will have to accept the fact that doing work like this to a car doesn't raise its value and maybe he will get lucky and some other schmuck will buy it. But don't let that be you.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:41 AM

HAhahaha. The recording equipment is mine.

Thanks alot for the input you guys...It means a ton to me...I own a 93 civic already and I paid 1200 for it...But its a 4 door and is beat down a little,Not exactly what I want to start with for building a civic.

I dont really know anything about civics and pricing at all....So you guys really helped me out on this.

We all in agreement that I should offer 3000 tops?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:28 AM
gwl
HCF Member

I think 3K is still too much. I would look around for other Civics. I would rather buy a bone stock Civic. If you decide to buy it, make sure you take it to a mechanic to have it check out. I remembered awhile back my friend bought a used Civic with less miles than mine and his engine sounded like it was ready to explode.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

The value of that car (minus all the upgrades) in great condition is like 2,850. So if you want to pay the extra 150 for the upgrades thats up to you. You didnt mention having any problems putting down 5K for that car. Why not look into a 96'+ which you could find a couple of nice stock coupes for that money?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM

Well I have 4K to work with....I would never pay 5K for that car im not that dumb.....I just wanted opinions from other civic owners on how much you thought it was worth.

Hmmm start from scratch on a stock one huh? I have considered the option....Espessially because finding a stock one....theres a better probability that it hasent been ragged the crap out of. But I was considering this car cause I liked the paint,wheels and tires,front and rear lights and the body kit is just ok....im not crazy about it....but I wouldnt mess with it If I bought the ride....But the point in buying thiscar was, it was a head start over starting from scratch....maybe im thinking about doing this all wrong?

Im listening to youguys with open ears.....You are affecting my civic building future.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

Its up to you on what you want to do. He started a project already, and you can finish it, but the problems can sometimes be that the car was abused a lot. Or you can start from scratch and hope that it wasnt abused. But like they said, dont go over 3000. I sold a 95 four door civic for 3000 ( with a couple of parts on it)

Quick Reply: Need opinions on price of this civic