General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

negative effects of Headers

Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: negative effects of Headers

Well, you're talking stainless there. Standard steel headers are much cheaper than stainless and/or ceramic, by rule of thumb.

Stainless is cool if you're into bling. But it'll discolor eventually with use. Best bet is ceramic-coated, or don't worry about the bling and go for black finished - whether it's ceramic-coated or you use thermal wrap.

You're still going to pay more for better parts.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

I've never seen anystandard steel headers. Even megan racing makes theirs stainless and they only cost about $150 I think. You are right about having to pay more for the good parts.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 AM
HCF Member

There is no REAL deficit with going with a header. No torque will not drop if you don't over size it. And a stock one new is more expensive than DC ceramic ones I think, so really it's a pretty good deal.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:18 AM

excellent information. everyone thinks they know everything, awesome.

Ioften mocked dudes in 'lil Hondas with that annoying raspy exhaust. It was someasian kid for sure! Relax, I'm Korean fellas!But one dayfor the heck of it,cuz i had the money, I installed my firstCAIabout 15K miles ago. Wow. I take all my nasty comments back. I'mkinda hoooked.

btw, i also own a '86 Box Chevy (bling), '98 Benz ML Class (bling), '00 Chrysler T&C Limited (family), '97 Toyota Camry (almost bling), and finally this Honda Civic on 17's mayne (baby workhorse).

So anyway, you guys have convinced me to get a newheader and catbackin one-shot, why not.This is actually my wife'sdaily driver but with gas pricesnow I pimp it more.

One more question. Can i upgrade all these parts without theexhaustsounding all raspy and high pitched when i give it gas? Any recommendations on how to sound deeper or just quiter overall? thanks

Dan [:'(]
Chicago, West Loop

Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

u just gotta buy the right parts. Apexi WS2 Exhaust Ive heard sounds really good and quiet

Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Administrator

it just all takes a lot of research to find the sound you like. check out youtube to hear different sound clips

Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
HCF Member

Go to exhaust faq and there are a lot of soundclips. I know it will be biased, but you can hear my clips of hte RS*R which is considered one of the best sounding, and quiet, exhaust that you can buy.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

the megan setup is only like 600 for the header and catback, that what i have, and when its installed right the sound is nice and deep

Old 08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

just go to youtube and listen to some sound clips

Old 08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jernwarfare

everyone thinks they know everything, awesome.
Oh yeah... That's how you get people to help you out. Man, I've been doing it wrong all this time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: negative effects of Headers