General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Car This Weekend..Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Default New Car This Weekend..Need Suggestions

Alright guys..it's come time to buy a new car..we have the cash and would like to buy a new car.

Now I was originally thinking about getting the 2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan but heard some iffy things about..heard good AND bad...
I was also thinking of possibly getting a brand new 2006 Honda Accord..

other possibilities? What do you guys suggest? I know Toyota's are very reliable. Corolla's have really gotten nicer since the late 90's early 00's...

what about Nissan?

(Note: I'd like an LX automatic sedan..(I don't like stick and I don't liek coupes becaue I travel with my friends a lot and it's a hassle)

Thanks a lot for your help. I know this topic is kind of like theone I started a little while ago, but I want to get a few more final opinions before I go and purchase and I know you guys know what you're talking about.

thanks

Old 03-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Default RE: New Car This Weekend..Need Suggestions

how much are you willing to spend?

The Scion tC is in the civic price range

Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM

i would say an accord, but i am honda biased

Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

The Scion only comes as a coupe so that's out. What bad things did you hear about the Civic? I thought I was really well versed on the new model... Did I miss something?

The Corolla is a great car albeit boring but reliable. I was looking at my friends this morning and she has almost 200,000 miles on hers and it runs and looks good for the most part. There is also the Camry which is using a timing chain again (so no belt to replace).

The Sentra just got restyled and looks like a mini Maxima. The Altima is probably the best buy among the three Nissans. Truthfully though Nissans tend to have hardware and trim issues. This is not to say that they are unreliable though.

The Accord is great but depending on what you are willing to spend you may only be able to get the LX as opposed to getting an EX Civic.

On a side note the new Civic has as much room as the old Accord. Yeah... I just bought one, but your options are out there.

All the cars listed above are good and reliable. Also bear in mind resale value for the car you choose.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

Also the Scion creeps up on price pretty quickly when you start piling on options... Another one of my friends had bought one and she loves it.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:50 PM

i heard that honda has fixed the problems that they were having with the new civics so everything SHOULD be fine. if ur not feeling the civic, then id prolly go with the accord. my mom and my bro both hav 05 accords and there great, dont know much about the 06 ones tho. Toyota is pretty good aswell, i know the camerys are pretty damn reliable.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

Can somebody fill me in on the problems Honda was having with the new models?

Old 03-08-2006, 03:28 PM

i thought I heard something with the accel pedal

Old 03-08-2006, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

to be honest i would STAY AWAY from the new Corollas(the 03 to present models) mind you they are Toyotas and i love Toyotas... it is just that the new Corollas have gotten Poor Ratings for Side AND rear impacts by an IIHS study... i was amazed... if you arent going to go with the new Civic then go with the Accord or Camery.. but the Accords i like better.. and it goe Honda then Toyota for me so i would look at the Honda first

Old 03-08-2006, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

I say go for the new Civic sedan...

Let us know what you decide.

Quick Reply: New Car This Weekend..Need Suggestions