General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Noisy Interior ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Default Noisy Interior ?

Hey guys,
I hope you don't mind but I wanted to reach out and get some information & opinions regarding the noise level inside your rides. This really applies to noise that comes from the rear of the vehicle.

We have developed a pat pending sound deadening mat that helps remove unwanted interior noise like tire/ road noise & some drone from exhaust. You just toss it in. No ripping out seats and carpet.
We make it now for another make and model (Corvette). However we are looking to see if certain year Civics’ also suffer from annoying interior noise too & could benefit from what we might produce.
This is strictly to gather info to see if its something that can be used in the Honda Civic. We are not selling anything (we have not even made this yet.

I couldn’t think of a better way to get solid info & opinions then to speak to the enthusiasts themselves.
*Do you experience annoying noise from the rear of the car? For example behind the back seat, trunk, cargo area?
*Do you guys get a lot of tire & road noise? This applies especially to people in certain states like TX, FL, CA, where concrete & asphalt roads make the tires roar.

*Do you have stock or after market exhaust and is it to loud for long trips? (These mats let the sweet exhaust note through. We are talking where its so loud you can hear your passenger, Bluetooth is useless....)

*Are certain years/generations worse then others? Can you advise us as to what gens group together?

I appreciate any help. Thank you for reading this!

Old 03-30-2016, 03:34 AM
HCF Member

I have been hearing a plastic sounding rattle from the rear passenger side for sometime now. I have yet to find out, what's causing the noise.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:20 PM

My 2012 coupe has stock exhaust and intake. It's quiet as a church mouse inside unless on a rough road, even then, it's very quiet.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

I have a 94 DX hatch. It is extremely noisy inside. I have added a small amount of sound proofing over the wheel wells, and some CDL to the doors. I also have a thick carpet with a rubber base in the rear. All has helped a little but it is still loud enough to cause driver fatigue rather quickly. I have a stock exhaust and Michelin tires.