General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

oh noes (car accident) suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by N0safebetdx
I'm not a man!!!! I'm a Wo-Man

hahahah tis okay tho!!!

oh sorrry! haha thank you though and to everyone else.

Btw I loved my halos I don't care what people say I'm sad that they're no more but I did a great wiring job on them, thats why i loved them even more.

Butttt i should be heading to the junk yard tomorrow afternoon to check out some hondas and see if i can get the parts in one piece

Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by marcpasek
oh sorrry! haha thank you though and to everyone else.

Btw I loved my halos I don't care what people say I'm sad that they're no more but I did a great wiring job on them, thats why i loved them even more.

Butttt i should be heading to the junk yard tomorrow afternoon to check out some hondas and see if i can get the parts in one piece
Ya not a fan of Halo's because of personal experience, not just the wiring garbage, but they burnt out and were terrible lighting stock, but hey it's your car so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

I don't mind halo's much to be honest. its the damn ring that looks bad to me.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

... halos are the ring.. otherwise, they would be known as just projectors.. dummy :P

Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well first thing to do is pull the bumper cover off and post a picture up.
IMO from just the picture AS-IS no frame damage, just headlight and fender.
bumper cover looks like paint just flaked off.... hood minor dent on the corner, but from the looks of the paint already on the hood.... paints not that important to you
so just dont use pliers on the hood, simply use a hammer from the inside to slowly bend the curled under part from the bottom. and with the fender off and good fender and new headlight handy remove the old fender and with a hammer and dolly simply look at the passenger inner support looks and just do your best to make the drivers side match metal wise... your top headlight support brace will be tweaked of course so your headlight fitment might not be perfect so easily. but just spend some time with it... doesnt have to be perfect.... you can get some adjustment from the headlight itself if its verly off i would simply remove the headlight and just use a drill to open up the mounting holes alittle more so you can fine tune the headlight and then tighten it down in the perfect place.
main thing to get lined up is the fender which is quite easy really since the other 3/4 of the bolt holes wont be bent just the front corner since its so flimsy.

IMO a whole radiator support isnt worth it for such minor damage! its quite a bit of work removing it and then welding on a new one. and its held on the car by all spot welds. been there done that but mine was alot worse
Name:  1c18_12.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  44.9 KB
Name:  1888_12.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  47.0 KB
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0DX/?start=440

Name:  6-20-09civic-04.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  186.9 KB
not to shaby for a spray can job but i think im pretty good with a ole rattle can. but lets face it it was only a rattle can so didnt shine as nice as the old paint.

EDIT.... o ya if your going to drive it like that DEFIANTLY go ahead and spend the money to get a wheel alignment just to be sure it didnt damage the suspension.... hopefully it will be fine BUT until you get the lasers slapped on the wheels and actually checked by the machine you wont know.... but if its fine youll at least know its not bent and your tires wont get chewed thru and be trashed so quickly! lets face it tires cost as much as a alignment. if its thrown off at least now you can fix it before it chews thru that tire and your stuck with alignment bill and new tire cost

Last edited by addiction2bass; 08-19-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

Well my projectors were garbage and died right away and the Halo's came dull so I cut the wire right away. Not worth it.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:52 PM

Hey Marcus, I miss rebuild projects like that. You should save another Civic.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i would if i could find one cheap.... but my trucks trailer project is taking my money as well as my truck. yesterday my brake booster started going out. freakin 140 for that sucker parts only!
i do miss both my ej and ek civic! only one i dont miss was the eg i had that thing was a POS!
when/if i get another civic its definatly going to be painted black since i miss my old black civic so much! eventually ill have another rebuildable civic. i thought i almost had a few but they sold quickly.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:13 PM
HCF Member
Default After pics! I rolled it out

Sooo about two hours of work and it looks pretty good. It's a good temporary fix until i buy the stuff.

Another update. I headed to the junk yard today to find some parts. 50 bucks for a new fender, 50 for a hood, 50 for a bumper. so 150 for all. BUT my GOD there was only one 5th GEN civic and i swear i walked around that whole yard and it was pretty big. that civic was smashed, too. It's pickyourpart in Wilmington, Ca. So my question is, how should i go about getting the parts? Should i go the a honda dealer and pay whatever outrageous amount they ask? BUT should I ask my friend that works at honda to see how much? OR should i go to NAPA? Do they even have that? OR OR OR Should i go the other route and try ebay? Is it gonna be crap? haha so many questions. Any help is greatly appreciated. So here's the pic.

Oh yeah forgot to mention my left headlights wires were all gone so I pulled them out from the civic at the junkyard and got my headlight and parking light working again (yay no fix it ticket for me)

So from this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53050729@N06/4892424827/

To this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53050729@N06/4912079376/

Old 08-20-2010, 06:15 PM

Or see if you have a CertiFit locally. (...sorta-fits). They make parts to replace OEM but in OEM style. But they're not always perfect.

Quick Reply: oh noes (car accident) suggestions?