General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Opinions! 1995 Si coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:30 PM
HCF Member
Default Opinions! 1995 Si coupe!

Well as some of you know I totalled my 96 hatch and I started looking around for a new civic. Today I came across a 1995 red Honda Civic Si. It has a slight bit of rust around the rear wheel well on both sides of the car and the left mirror of the car needs to be replaced aswell. I might go take pictures of it tomorrow so I can post em up, but on an educated guess how much should the body work for a couple rust patches and to have those spots repainted cost (theres 2 or 3). Other than that the car is in great shape and the interior is very clean. The only downfall is it has 230k clicks on it but I took it for a test drive today and the clutch shifted very smooth, my only concern is the grinding noise the tranny was making in the lower gears but it wasn't too severe. The up side of all this is he's asking $2500 CAD for the car so I could maybe get it for 2.2k or so. If I got it at that price I would have room to work on it quite abit. I bet I could even clean that car up nicely for under $1000 and sell it for $5000 which is always fun and I'd make about $2000 off of it. Anyways, what do you guys think? Let me know, all feedback is appreciated, ill try and get some pics up tomorrow but at that price I don't think that car is going to sit there for too long.

EDIT: BTW what's the engine spec's on this car? I'm new to the 5th gens

Thanks,

TiCkEr

Old 06-17-2006, 09:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Opinions! 1995 Si coupe!

there wasnt a 5th gen Si coupe. youd better post up pics so we can let you know what you are getting into.

wait, youre in canada, then chances are its an EX, so its 125hp sohc vtec.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

I'm pretty positive it's a 1995 honda civic Si coupe, do a google search and you'll see.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 AM
HCF Member

yeah, your canadian Si is the equivalent of the US EX. plan on dropping a newer used tranny in it, and offer 2k and see what happens. I think 5k is a bit optimistic, but you should be able to make a bit of profit, or just keep it and fix it up nice.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:22 AM

yeah offer him 2K he can only say no right. The body work depending on if there are holes and what not could be anywhere from prob 100-700 to fix like depending on how much u want sprayed We do body work at my house and it pretty expensive. and yeah with that canadian thing check to see if it was made in canada or use on the vin number you prob now but very first digit 1=US 2=Canada

Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
HCF Member

yeah 5k might be a bit too optimistic but I would lower it, put some nice 15's on it from my crashed 96 hatch, tint the windows etc. The body is in excellent shape and if I have to pay 500 bucks to get those rust spots painted that shouldn't be a problem, the car will look brandnew afterwards. I think I might offer him 2k but I don't know if he'll take that, ill show up with 2k cash and maybe that will change his mind.. we'll see. Eventually I would find a new tranny for car (either an ex or si) but that shouldn't cost more than around $500 hopefully. I'm still reluctant to buy this car lol, because I love the 6th gen coupes but I think even if I have this car for a year, I can sell it next year for more than what I paid. If I buy this car and start buying bolt ons for it, will they bolt on to a 6th gen EX d16y8 engine? I think so right? if so, I'd go ahead and buy top of the line bolt ons for it.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

Anyone with any feedback with what I should do? I just got all my insurance stuff settled and I'm getting a little over $5000 for my crashed hatch which is $1000 more than what I paid for it plus I was able to gut it and take mostly everything I put into it. That aside, I have a nice wad of cash to play with so putting a new tranny in that car down the road shouldn't be too much if a problem. So what do you guys think? good deal or stay away from it.. I don't even find the tranny that bad it just makes that grinding noise in the lower gears but it's pretty quiet. The 3 rust spots are actually pretty tiny except one is right threw but its only the size of a coin.

TiCkEr

Old 06-21-2006, 04:59 AM

i think it is a good deal, the rust will B easy to fix, and the tranny might get pricy, idk tho, worst that can happen is you cant find the tranny for the price range you think it will/should B in, if i had the money i would by the car, it sounds like it is nice so...its all up to you tho, no one here can tell you to buy it or not!!!