General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

overheating......again

Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 AM
Default overheating......again

Guys this is about my overheating problem. Ive already checked my radiator and my radiator works fine, the fan is still good although i still havent tried redirecting the switch to be automatic whenever i start the engine.I checked the water pump and it is in perfect shape. i already removed the thermostat valve believing its of no use specialy here in a tropical country. the fan belt is ok. But still i'm always experiencing overheating. the only problem i'm seeing which is not so normal is whenever i start the engine with the radiator cap removed, water gushes out. what do you think is the cause of that? I have been to different autoshops, and their mechanics are saying the same thing.I need to TOP OVERHAUL. they said that i have to change the cylinder head gasket cover and asked me to buy a valve seal and i need to this HYDROtest thing.on what basis can we say that what they said was true?.what could i possibly do with this situation in my engine.how would i check if its true without opening my engine,i mean any visible sign.it's a d16y7.my ride is a civic lxi'96.
thanks.. i really think you could help me with this

Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: overheating......again

One thread per topic!