General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

question for RHD guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Default question for RHD guys

Me and a couple of my friends were talking about RHD cars and we came up with a question. When u are up-shifting in a RHD car do u shift away from u or do u shift towards u? In other words is the shift pattern set up the same in RHD cars as LHD cars?

Thanks alot for ur answers

Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Default RE: question for RHD guys

Yea they have the same pattern.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:56 PM

me and my buddy are working on a camera install for his passenger mirror on his R32 GTR so its easier to pass people

Old 03-01-2006, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

LOL Its damn easy to pass people in a Skyline bro, Check the rearview and punch it...............man id kill for a RHD anything.......besides a postal service vehicle.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

i would hate to drive one everyday though. next time you are pulling out into traffic, think about how much harder it would be to see if anyone was coming from the other side of the car, esp with a passenger.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

True, but then again even in my car my buddies will say something when we pull into a merge like "This side is 10-4 or something)

Old 03-01-2006, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

^^^ same here

Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

Imagine going through a bank drive through, or McDonalds, or a toll booth.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:00 AM

Drive-thru's are a bitch. I don't use them at the bank, though, so that was never a problem, but at like Taco Bell or something, I had to park it and get out and walk around to the window. But I usually had a passenger, so no big deal. And there aren't really any toll booths in Seattle (except for parking garages and stuff). Again, kind of a pain in the ***.

Merging onto the freeway WAS a little dicey at times, but not that bad. It's just like learning to merge to the right in a standard LHD... you check your mirror, look around a lot, and go. It grows on you pretty quick. And when you pull up next to someone and they look over at you with the wide eyes, it's totally worth it.

You get used to it all, and the cool factor outweighs any drawbacks. Plus, I just like it better.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Drive-thru's are a bitch. I don't use them at the bank, though, so that was never a problem, but at like Taco Bell or something, I had to park it and get out and walk around to the window. But I usually had a passenger, so no big deal. And there aren't really any toll booths in Seattle (except for parking garages and stuff). Again, kind of a pain in the ***.

Merging onto the freeway WAS a little dicey at times, but not that bad. It's just like learning to merge to the right in a standard LHD... you check your mirror, look around a lot, and go. It grows on you pretty quick. And when you pull up next to someone and they look over at you with the wide eyes, it's totally worth it.

You get used to it all, and the cool factor outweighs any drawbacks. Plus, I just like it better.

can I ask how much you paid for your car? Im just curious cuz apparently we cant insure them up here until theyre 15 years old.... I almost bought an R32 GTR nut Id rather wait.

Quick Reply: question for RHD guys