General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Racing tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Racing tips

Then since you're a "newb cake", you won't have enough money for the 5spd swap anyway. If you intend on racing your friend, your car will probably be slower in a straight line. But if he drives an american car, his cornering and handling will suck *** compared to yours. Auto's are slower, but there are worse...

*cough
*cough
*3spd auto
*cough

Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

It's usually around $700 or so for a 5-speed swap once it's all said and done, just so ya know

(and for the record, saying you're going to street race doesn't impress usaround here... even slightly)

Old 08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Tyler Con

I just got it and im 16 i need a car lol i dont wanna sell it i wont get enough to get a si
so what type of driving background do you have?..............................that's what i freaking thought, none. kids like you do not need a car, you just need to have your mommy or daddy take you to and from school. and then you should spend all of your free time thinking about how dumb your life is since you want to "street race" all of your other little adolescent school boy friends.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: t34me

actually hes not a ricer, he is pretty well respected on this site, unlike your primered hood and bumper ***
?
damn damn damn i wish i would of seen this post earlier i would of went off. lucky bastared edited his post

Old 08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
HCF Member

he pm'd me, he was drunk, lol

Old 08-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO

typical ricer post........ if ya wanna race LEARN TO DRIVE FIRST! and slowly see what your car can do little by little increase......
you dont just get in a car and hit the gas and go....
your gonna slide off the road and hit a tree OR WORSE hit another car head on!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
HCF Member

ej6 dont hate on the youngins lol im 17, but for this guy posting, ask on hondatech?? theyll be glad to help u

Old 08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass
you dont just get in a car and hit the gas and go....
your gonna slide off the road and hit a tree OR WORSE hit another car head on!!!!!!
Well said. I've been driving for a while (2 years legally, probably about 10 years... well, you get the picture), and I still don't feel completely comfortable taking tightturnsat speed(even with my suspension mods and sport tires)... even good drivers lose control, what chance does somebody who just got their liscence? (no offense meant, but skill does play a big part in keeping control of the car. And trust me, the only thing that will build skill is real driving experience.)

Old 08-13-2007, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

I know what you mean. I use to feel comfortable taking turns at higher speeds. But I once took a corner I had done before at the same speed, and my back wheels lost some grip. I hit the curb, and now have a gash in my rim and tire. I thought I was going to hit a pole, or even worse. But I regained control and drove home without a flat, or any damage other than the rim. You have to learn by making mistakes. Now every timeI take that corner,I take it at 1/2 or 2/3 the speed I use to.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

if you wanna learn to drive fast around corners ansd whatnot, go drive some gocarts for a while, then get your license... that will usually help.

Quick Reply: Racing tips