General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Roll Call

ya i have mine under the hood also, i was going to throw them all out but i thought id put em there at least

Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

I might suggest asking him if he dosen't mind you doing the same thing. I doubt he would, but it's certainly respectful enough to ask him. I would if I was you.

Not that it matters, but I have a ton of respect for these Mods and Admins on this site, not to mention the high posters, tech certs, and other knowledgeable folks as well. They all keep this place decent. They all keep us noobs from doing something we'd regret, and they help us keep our cars running. The least you could do, if you're gonna copy something THEY'VE done to their cars stylistically, is to ask them if they don't mind (even if they've copied someone else to some extent). just my 2 cents...

Old 05-07-2007, 06:55 PM
June 2010 ROTM

At one point in time I did, but I got sick of them an took them off. Here's a pic:
Name:  mod2.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: that guy

I might suggest asking him if he dosen't mind you doing the same thing. I doubt he would, but it's certainly respectful enough to ask him. I would if I was you.

Not that it matters, but I have a ton of respect for these Mods and Admins on this site, not to mention the high posters, tech certs, and other knowledgeable folks as well. They all keep this place decent. They all keep us noobs from doing something we'd regret, and they help us keep our cars running. The least you could do, if you're gonna copy something THEY'VE done to their cars stylistically, is to ask them if they don't mind (even if they've copied someone else to some extent). just my 2 cents...
You ****ing joking right? You dont even deserve this response. Have you never seen this before? Lots of people do this. Before anyone turbos a b16 they should come ask me first...

Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Decorate your tool chest with them

Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

I havent put any car parts stickers on mine. I put tattoo shop stickers instead. LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

(to Lost)<---Look *****, clearly I know other people do it. I know he's not the first to do it. Everyone knows this. If you want to be an idiot and focus on my one little point in that entire thing, go ahead and make an *** out of yourself. Since he got the idea from Forty's car, asking if it bothered him would be a sign of respect. I'm sure Forty would not mind even a little bit about that. If he had something more specific and personal, then he might mind if it got copied by someone else on here. Right?

I was TRYING to suggest that he should be conscientious when copying someone else's styleistic choices, ok. Not just the damn sticker thing. Copying someone else's body kit combinations, paint jobs, vinyls, interior mods...that's all styleistic. This is especially true if you are in contact with that person and they can see your pictures (like on HCF). SO before you haul off firing rhetoric about how everyone should ask you if it's ok to turbo their B16, read the entire post and get the point.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

^Are you gunna be ok? Maybe you should take a nap.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

Look dude, rack on someone else's case. If you're going to act like an illiterate fool, have at it somewhere else. If you can't handle that, and you still feel like being immature, feel free to send me a PM. Sorry for trying to say something decent, and I'm sorry, motor35, that your thread got hijacked by this crap.

I've liked the idea of the underhood roll call all along. It's pragmatic, incon****uous, and appropriate for a clean looking car with a sleeper attitude. The best part about those stickers is that you can peel them off later if you don't like the way they look later. Add some pics when you finish!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Anywho, back on topic. When I had the vinyls on my car, I really enjoyed seeing people looking at them and trying to figure out what part was from what brand. I got a lot of compliments on them too. Again, it's your car, do with it how you will. Here are some styles of sticking them i've seen: Down the door (like the pic I posted), under the hood, across the side skirts, on the sides of the hood (on top), on the windshield.

Side note:
And, no, you don't need to ask someone if you can style your car like theirs. It's your car. It is a dick move to completely copy another person's car but why would anyone do that?

Quick Reply: Roll Call