General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Roll Call

that guy, thanks man

Lost, don't be a butt pirate

To the original poster, if you're going to do the roll call, definitely do it under the hood. I personally think its the only way to do it tastefully. Plus like someone else said, you wont be advertising to cops/theives that you've got some cool goodies in your rig.

I say do it up! Just try not to go overboard

Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

Thanks y'all for the advice. Forty, that does look sweet! And I like the look of Danomatic's roll call too. Now Forty, I have a question...does the underside of your hood have a clear coat on it? Mine doesn't. It is just raw paint and just doesn't look as shiney and clean as your engine compartment. Can I put stickers on that paint? For as hot as the engine gets, will those stickers dry out and crack and look bad eventually? Would you be totally annoyed if I did something like that to my ride? (AND can I alsoborrow yoursaying "butt pirate" as well??)

And that guy, I agree. This is a great place to come to for great advice. Everyone always gives me great advice and I've never been steered the wrong way regarding my mods to my rig. I am new to this world and I am loving it! I regularly get treated like an idiot when I go to our local preformance shops-I am a woman-and everybody always tried to sell me cheap crap that "looks nice." Not one of these shops took me seriously and that made me turn to the internet to learn on my own. I hope all of you gentlemen won't hold back on advice cause I am a girl. [sm=smiley27.gif]

BTW-Forty-I cleaned up my engine compartment this weekend like you suggested to me months ago. I followed your instructions, and it turned out great. Thanks, bro.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

We don't have performance shops around my hometown, so the closest we've got is the old NAPA store. That place is all about the good old boys. Really standoffish to anyone that's not a regular (and you'd think I'd be a regular after six years of going there but I'm not). I watched them charge a lady sixty bucks for wiperblades over christmas break. They were nothing special, were going on her Corsica...

The best advice I can give you, motor, is to know exactly what you want and why when you go to buy it. If people give you crap, shovel it right back in their faces by knowing exactly what you're talking about. You do that, and you'll be able to minimalize the sexist stereotyping and get done what you need to get done. This is also a great way for people in general that are new at tuning cars to show that they're doing their homework and are really into it.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: that guy

We don't have performance shops around my hometown, so the closest we've got is the old NAPA store. That place is all about the good old boys. Really standoffish to anyone that's not a regular (and you'd think I'd be a regular after six years of going there but I'm not). I watched them charge a lady sixty bucks for wiperblades over christmas break. They were nothing special, were going on her Corsica...

The best advice I can give you, motor, is to know exactly what you want and why when you go to buy it. If people give you crap, shovel it right back in their faces by knowing exactly what you're talking about. You do that, and you'll be able to minimalize the sexist stereotyping and get done what you need to get done. This is also a great way for people in general that are new at tuning cars to show that they're doing their homework and are really into it.
Thanks that guy! For my first mod, of course, exhaust, I wanted the GReddy EVO2 and they tried to sell me a $90 muffler. WTH!?!?! Anyhoo...after talking to the salesman for a while, I had to explain I want only quality parts on my car to help with performance. He thought I just wanted the "sound." You are right on about learning and KNOWING what is what. I am thrilled to learn more. I've really had quite a lesson here on how to help my ride breathe better. Next I want to learn about my clutch. Thanks again boys!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

actually, i made this post out of missunderstanding..then edited it to say "nvm" but now that i read a little deeper i figured i would add a little bit.

we wont hold back if your a woman..we'll prolly try to help you even morebut seriously. im sure all of us would be more than willing to help you out. Also, if you live in ohio and need help with your ride....ill lend a hand, and ive got some buddys that will be more than willing to help as well! good luck with your ride..and enjoy your stay.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

NVM
?? what is that?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I wouldnt be annoyed in the least man. In fact, I'd much rather see you do what I did, then post them on the side of your car. I think you'll be happier in the long run.

Most of the decals you see in that pic, had been there for over a year with no visible damage or signs of melting. Even in the few months that I was boosted (significantly higher engine bay temps) they were all fine.

As for the shine, two words, Royal Blue. I swear that stuff can make anything shiney.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

^+1 on royal...that stuff is unbelievable. shined up an old honda cm400t I traded work for. the thing had been sitting in a dude's barn for ten years. runs like a champ now and looks great too! thanks to royal blue and my genius bike mechanic

Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Motor35

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

NVM
?? what is that?
nevermind

Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

That looks good forty. Deffo the best way and place to put your stickers.

As for the comments I made, sorry "that guy" I guess its just in my blood to work people up, no hard feelings.

Quick Reply: Roll Call