General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Sell hatch or keep

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 AM
HCF Member
Default Sell hatch or keep

im debating on wheater im going to sell my 97 civic hatch or keep it and swap in a motor and do all that, but the car is gonna need alot of work, i like a car with some comfort but like i said its going to take some work. if im going to sell it eventually i might buy a gsr sedan or maybe some other car that is good but still dont know. so please tell me what to do and some opinions. thanks

Old 02-20-2006, 10:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sell hatch or keep

What do you mean by alot of work? If its alot of work that you can't do then it might not be a good idea too keep it. However, if its alot of work that you can do keeping it might be the better option. If i was in your place, i would keep the hatch if the work was stuff that i could do.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

sell it to me is what i think you should do with it

Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

the body needs some work and its gonna cost over 1000 to fix, well the guy who sold it to me said, theres a dent on the side of the back fender and some rusts but not big ones just small ones, and i dont know but there is always water in the back where the spare tire is, always have to keep takin it out, the owner before me messed up the wires to connect a head unit too, made his own harness, which messes everything up. i was in a rush to buy this car other wise i wouldve gotten a different car. but still dont know yet wheater to sell or now, ill just think it over and over.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM

what are your plans for the long run? and how deep are your pockets? lol

Old 02-20-2006, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

lost last job, and need a new one, pockets were never deep, just some average asian kid. thats what i am. but yeah, only 16 so just need a car that still good, i mean i like my civic just that it just needs some work to it. jobs are so hard to find in my city also, just trying to take some business classes in school and see if i can get a decent job that i like.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 PM
NTX
HCF Member

if it doesnt need major work, i say keep it. what does it need done to it?

Old 02-20-2006, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

some dents on the front fenders, scratch up front and rear bumper ( previous owner did all of the damage, hate it, like i said i was in a rush, big dent on the rear fender, some small little rusts on the rear fender and on top of the windsheild. thats about it, the car still have only 85,XXX miles so its still good.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

hummm i dont like the idea of the custom harness he has going on....personally, i would sell it and buy a car in great condition and then start from there, no rust/great runing condition/stock/taking care of < thats what you should go for

Old 02-20-2006, 03:38 PM

I've been in a few accidents that made big dents on the "rear fender," which is actually called the rear quaterpanels. They weren't cheap to fix. Quaterpanels are actually welded to the car's frame, as a means for support. To be fixed they have to be welded off, the dent popped out, and then welded back on. At least mine did.

Quick Reply: Sell hatch or keep