General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

simple hp add ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: simple hp add ons

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9

hmm..i do know what it does..and i have one on my h22. If you have ever noticed the stock intake or even any aftermarket intake runs its own hose from the intake piping to the head..Therefore buying a breather filter...the air coming through the intake doesn't have to go to the little hose and run to the head..therefore giving more air to go into the TB/IM. and not having to go through another hose just to supply the head air out of the intake. So im pretty sure I know what im talking about. It lets the head breathe better and doesn't take away air from the intake.
i'm sorry to get you mad, but you don't. that is what people call a vaccuum hose which provides the head a circulation of unburnt mixture and gases. it helps with combustion as well as emissions. those pieces are sold purely for looks for cheap because some people think they look cool. for an ordinary street engine, they don't allow the head to flow better.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

i think but im not 100% sure i saw some kids dyno sheets where they are a proven 2hp. Im almost positive but wat do i kno

Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SuBlime_4_LiFe

i think but im not 100% sure i saw some kids dyno sheets where they are a proven 2hp. Im almost positive but wat do i kno
lmfao. 1) waste of money for the upgrade AND the dyno 2) you can't say a car gained 2 HP on a single dyno run. run multiple runs, and it'll probably average to no gains

Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

now as far as suspension goes how much would you be looking at money wise, and wouldnt the install be hard without a lift?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

depends on name brand used and what all you get. and no, a lift is not required, but jack stands are a must.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: speedyturtle

now as far as suspension goes how much would you be looking at money wise, and wouldnt the install be hard without a lift?
You don't necessarily need to replace a bunch of weight-bearing components to improve handling. You could bolt on some adjustable anti-swaybars, and some upper/lower strut bars, then upgrade to some grippy tires with less sidewall deflection. Price some of this stuff out and you'll find that you could spend anywhere from a couple hundred to several thousand. Google and Ebay are your friends.You could do most of these upgrades with a set of ramps, but a hydraulic jack and 2 jackstands make work like this much easier. That's all I've ever used for working on Jeeps, and some of their suspensions are much more of a PITA to modify than a Civic's.

For a little more power and mileage, you couldlook into a flow-thru cat. They can be a little pricey, but they do work with an intake and other exhaust upgrades. They aren't necessarily very difficult to install if you can pull the old catwithout a problem. Be prepared to replacesome hardware.