General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Some questions about that teal paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Default Some questions about that teal paint

The teal/turquoise paint that came on the 92-95 models, it seems like they didnt make many of them, and I've heard that it was only factory done one year..(I've also read that alot of people hate it.. unless they have it, which I do, and its f'in awesome.. not to flashy.. not to bland.. mmmhmm..) so I was just curious if that was true it was only done one year.. or a few years. I was also curious as to what it was actually called (as in teal or whatever, and also its technical paint... name?.. sorry, dont know much about painting) because I'm trying to get a new bumper and not have to repaint it.

Thanks, in advance, I'm sure some fellow teal-supporter knows all this all the top of there head.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Default RE: Some questions about that teal paint

I love it, i get asked all the time if ive had it repainted somewhere, nope, factory. Green aztec pearl is the actual name for it. I ordered a 1/2 gallon of about a month ago and havebeen perfectly match different parts that were not the color(mirrors, door handles, spoiler, and soon to come switching cf hood for factory) its a perfect match.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11033/5DBAA424CEFD4B599EBD59204137EFA0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-21-2007, 12:42 AM

Yup.. thats it, thanks for the actual name, and, i've noticed that most people handles and mirrors dont match.. but mine do.. is that because its an EX or, did somone get that done? We bought it around 120k miles.. so. its very possible the person before us had it painted (I'm REALLY surpirsed the paint around the handles hasent gotten chiped away... there must be like 15 clear coats on it...or somthing).. it does look awfully sleak..

Old 01-21-2007, 01:13 AM
HCF Member

EXs have all that good stuff nice and painted.