General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Someone Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Default Someone Help

Ok, Im a noob. I dont know too much about cars, I know the basics. I really just dont know about wiring and engines and ****. So I need some help with some things.. I am 15, I turn 16 soon and I have about 5-6 grand. I am going to get a 95 civic dx for about a grand and im going to spend the other 5 on decking it out. I want it to be able to go around 160+ mph. But I have no clue how to get it there with 5 g's. Someone please tell me EVERYTHING I will need for the engine. I would more than appreciate it, I have been doing research for like 5 months about it and I am so confused.

Thanks,
Jake

Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Default RE: Someone Help

I dont care if its even a little tip or a start.. Anything would help.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

Well, if you're looking for speeds that excessive, you're gonna need to not only concentrate on power, but also suspension.

For the power end, you'd probabaly be best off with an engine swap. As for which one, I'm not the one to ask. Once it's in, you could go with an Intake, Header, and Exhuast to get some power gains, or go turbo to get much larger gains. You could probably do a swap + turbo with 5g's.

One more thing though...have you ever experienced how fast 160mph is? I'm guessing that at your age you're thinking: Fast, Fast, Fast, but just please be careful. Too many inexperience drivers have hit turns to hard and had nasty wrecks that end their lives. In my opinion, you would have a great car to drive if you swapped, did a coilover suspension setup, and maybe some exterior mods. 160mph is insane though, and it's gonna take a lot more than what you've got in cash to do it properly and safely.

Just my $.02...

Old 03-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Thanks man.. ya 160 is over the top, and yes I have gone about 160. In an airplane.. no just kidding but yes on a bike. What would I top out at if I just got an engine swap?

Old 03-18-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

u cant do a full engine swap and buy a turbo kit and get it installed for 5g, more speed = money, if u want to go that fast for whichever reason do an engine swap, go for a b16 or gsr (b18) engine, get the full swap u can prolly get them for around $2200, plus intallation and other parts another $1500, im 17 and at 15 i tohught the same ****, its tougher than uthink, that is if u dont have the money and time...... anyway good luck and if u havea a question u can pm me

Old 03-18-2007, 08:04 PM

ya you may have to spend more then that. its gunna be a waste of money when their mopping you up off the road. This is why you should have to be 19 to drive.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

wow, you guys have a lot to learn about a lot of stuff, to swap out a motor and turbo will costyou nearly 7500 dollars, for afairly fast setup. it will get you nowhere near 160! LOL! that speed is about 160 mph faster than whatYOU need to go. people don't put theirmoney into honda's and such to top out their car for no reason at all. they build up the motors for quicker acceleration, and lower speeds. we're not nascar or in the NHRA.

not to be mean, but if you've been researching for 5 months and have the kind of knowledge you are showing in your posts, then you might want to reconsider your hobbie. and how did you get 5/6 grand at 15, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

Ya, get yourself a gsr, turbo it, I/H/E, and you should be able to go from sitting in your drivers seat to a bunch of hamburger spread out over the highway in a flash!

Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: streetheat

Ya, get yourself a gsr, turbo it, I/H/E, and you should be able to go from sitting in your drivers seat to a bunch of hamburger spread out over the highway in a flash!
i know it was a joke, but i don't see how those go together. lol

Old 03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

as in wipe out, crash, whatever, and get busted up

Quick Reply: Someone Help