General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Someone Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Someone Help

I want it to be able to go around 160+ mph. But I have no clue how to get it there

Please tell me why in the world this is a goal of yours? Unless you live near the Autobahn, Salt Flatsor in Montana, what is the point for setting your car up for top speed? Do you even have a DL?

ps- welcome to my sig.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

wow, you guys have a lot to learn about a lot of stuff, to swap out a motor and turbo will costyou nearly 7500 dollars, for afairly fast setup. it will get you nowhere near 160! LOL! that speed is about 160 mph faster than whatYOU need to go. people don't put theirmoney into honda's and such to top out their car for no reason at all. they build up the motors for quicker acceleration, and lower speeds. we're not nascar or in the NHRA.

not to be mean, but if you've been researching for 5 months and have the kind of knowledge you are showing in your posts, then you might want to reconsider your hobbie. and how did you get 5/6 grand at 15, if you don't mind me asking?
does it really cost that much...i guess, since he'd have to get it installed. But if you do it yourself, you can get EVERYTHING you need for a good swap for 3k, and turbo yourself for under 2k. I think you could do it for that price, and do it well, just he'd have to do the labor himself.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 AM
HCF Member

Sorry, but I think the request is a bit far fetched. I'm curious where you are going to be doing 160mph. You're using english units of measurement, so you're not in Europe or any of the surrounding countries, where there are stretches of highway capable of supporting such speeds.

To be honest any car that you would "build" to climb to and maintain these speeds would have to have unrealistic changes in drivetrain, suspension, aerodynamics, body rigidness, tires/wheels, and the list goes on and on. You're 15, desperately trying to be 16. If you keep your head about you, you just might make it. We've all had dreams and aspirations at that age that far exceed any known capabilities. Bigger/better/faster/more is all that's thought about. Talk to some local gearheads, import/muscle/trucks/whatever. Get some ideas, know some products, get to know your car. Ask questions, LOTS of questions. And even though this particular post is getting kind of rebuked, ask more here. If you search, you will find that this group of folks will help in any way that they can. But like anything else, recommendations and advice should be listened to, and then make your OWN common sense decision. Good luck.