General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stage 1 mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Stage 1 mods

ORIGINAL: Short_bus

Thanks for the info.
So you now have one person's opinion...

spend some time reading through the product review section too. If you want the car to actually be fast you need more than a small budget. My CRX has suspension, intake, exhaust, and that's IT... the car is still a ton of fun even though it's slow.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Personally, I would do a tune up on the car if it is due for a tune up and then a suspension dropwith a nice set of wheels. A car can be so much more fun to drive if it handles better. Then bolt on parts such as intake, exhaust, header, high flow cat, etc...

As far as looks, a nice lip kit and side skirts can really make a car look clean, especially with the suspension drop. Maybe some window tint but try to keep it legal if your from a state with strict laws.

Audio wise, get a nice head unit and a little bump in the truck for the days that you just feel like rocking out haha.

Then move on to the interior with a nice dash dress up kit, shifter ****, e-brake ****, floor mats, gauges, seats, etc...

You get the picture. It's easy to get caught up in buying alot of stuff and turn out in debt because it's alot of fun fixing your ride up and hard to find a stopping point. Last but not least, don't get cheap parts cause you get what you pay for unless its a good brand name part thats on sale. Another thing, build your car to your liking and not everyone elses. I think thats about it.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i would get some suspension under the car, it will make the car %80 funner to drive

Old 12-07-2007, 06:42 AM

Thanks guys. We are now getting somewhere I have the bars coming, and that should help a little. What would I expect to pay for some decent lowering springs or a coil over set up? What are the good brands to look for? Remember, this is a budget build. Thanks again for all of the help so far.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-07-2007, 08:31 AM
HCF Member

I would try this for sure. People have expressed their opinions about these parts several times already...thats why you're not getting much help here.[8D]

Old 12-08-2007, 02:34 AM

Yeah, thanks for that. I guess the board that I am on and am on staff at, we treat everyone with respect and help out when we can and with what we can. We don't do these lazy azz post about, "Its already been said 1000 times. Go look it up!" Yeah, well I have done that and I have yet to find my specific questions. For even the admins to do it here sets a really bad example. I guess everyone knows sooooo much about these cars, that there heads are so full of such a vast array technical information that basic question answering skills are impossible to still obtain and make use of. I guess seeing as how I am apparently the mental midget here that I dare go against the omnipitent honda gods that you are and ask these mere questions. Oh forgive me for I know not what I do!

WTF ever. No wonder everyone hates RICERS.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

^^^LOL...here's the deal...tons of people join and ask the SAME questions OVER and OVER every day. That is why there are stickies...that is why they have a search function. You obviously haven't look that hard....

What would I expect to pay for some decent lowering springs or a coil over set up? What are the good brands to look for?
Here's a linkto the suspension reviews already compiled by someone to help answer this question. This is a sticky at the TOP of the suspension topic titled "Suspension Product Review Links - what to buy!??!" if you didn't find that while you were "searching", you are doing it wrong.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:50 AM

It depends on how sick mcnasty you are going to go with your overal build up. --- If your going for disgusting power, the obvious thing would be to build from the inside of the motor out. If you just want some pick me up, I would just go with some bolt-ons

Old 12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Short_bus

Yeah, thanks for that. I guess the board that I am on and am on staff at, we treat everyone with respect and help out when we can and with what we can. We don't do these lazy azz post about, "Its already been said 1000 times. Go look it up!" Yeah, well I have done that and I have yet to find my specific questions. For even the admins to do it here sets a really bad example. I guess everyone knows sooooo much about these cars, that there heads are so full of such a vast array technical information that basic question answering skills are impossible to still obtain and make use of. I guess seeing as how I am apparently the mental midget here that I dare go against the omnipitent honda gods that you are and ask these mere questions. Oh forgive me for I know not what I do!

WTF ever. No wonder everyone hates RICERS.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

lol wow if you have been researching and you still can't figure out what to buy your stupid and you don't belong under the hood of a honda. Your very disrespectful to the admins and all of us. We aren't ricers. You should learn how to use a search button and learn how to read. You give no budget or hp goals. How are we suppose to know what you want if you aren't willing to help us

Quick Reply: Stage 1 mods