General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stolen Civic Epidemic

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

I have not yet had a failed attempt at stealing my car, that I know of.

Not impossible but not often for thefts to be rolling around in tow trucks. Past thing to do about that is keep the steering lock so when they are towing the car the front and rear wheels will drag causing a lot of noise and setting off your alarm (so long as you have one) and draw attention to the vehicle being towed.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

So do reliable statistics clearly show that a basic alarm system is highly effective at preventing car theft?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
HCF Member

i would get the clutch lock to on top of switchs. The switchs have saved my car a few times.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by D16z6
Times like this is when lojack comes in handy.
the problem with lojack is buy the time they find it the tracker will probably be sitting in the junk yard with the frame of the car or in someone elses car who didnt know they bought something illegal

Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

Originally Posted by RonJ
So do reliable statistics clearly show that a basic alarm system is highly effective at preventing car theft?

it deff reduces your risk of car theft as long as it has starter kill and a properly installed system. It will most likely prevent amauter car thieves from stealing your car but professional thieves are going to get your car if they want it regardless

but also dont rely on just an alarm because like I said it isnt hard to get under the hood without getting inside the vehicle to disconnect the battery

Old 09-25-2008, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by HollywoodHalo560
In the Montrose area, mine was stolen from the Macaroni Grill parking lot, and my friend was in Barnes and Noble when his was stolen. Since it's right by 77 they were "easy get away targets"- that's the wonderful insight I got from the cops.
Wow, Montrose is quite busy, so I could see how your car could blend in well with everyone else's. I lived on Copley Rd / 162 before I moved down here to Florida. Montrose isn't a bad area, but it's getting a little worse from what my friends have told me. As a matter of fact, i'm visiting akron for a couple days in mid october :-D i'm excited! I graduated from Copley high in 2003 BTW.

I'm sorry to hear about your car though, I got my car stolen while on a delivery for the Pizza Hut on Copley rd right by I-77. I was behind Buchtel high school OUCH, guy straight up drove off with it, i watched it get driven away, talk about painful LOL.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

On my lil 90, I have the main relay from under the column so I can take it out. I have had someone break into my car, steal my radio and amp, and tried to break the steering lock. Suckers.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i like my fuel cut off mostly....... a alarm is decent and will prevent almost all ammatures from stealing your whole car.... tho they will do the damage still and probably steal the radio still.

the fuel cutoff will prevent those experienced theives... cannt hot wire the car if it doesnt have any fuel pressure. LMFAO

a manual cars alarm/starter kill is kinda pointless since a simple push start is all thats needed..... so i didnt even worry about it on my 96dx. but the fuel cutoff was my first mod for security!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
the fuel cutoff will prevent those experienced theives... cannt hot wire the car if it doesnt have any fuel pressure. LMFAO
a ecu switch will also prevent hot wiring... a car will not run when it doesnt know how lol

Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 PM

my main defense against theft of my motor vehicle is that it looks sooo bad on the outside (rear bumper being held in w/a screw, front bumper kinda hangin off) that nobody wants to steal it!

Quick Reply: Stolen Civic Epidemic