General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Street Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:21 PM
HCF Member
Default Street Racing.

How do you guys feel about street racing. Im sure most of you here are the kind that go to the track though. But how do you feel, and what do you do, when some one pulls beside you at a light, and wants to play with you. Do you just look at him like he's a moron, or do you teach him a little lesson?
Andrey

Old 12-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Default RE: Street Racing.

Street racing is stupid. If you get caught then you are screwed so why do it when you can go to the strip and do it legally and safer. When someone pulls beside me i usually look at them like they are a moron and then teach them a lesson . But only until i get up to the speed limit. Then the guy usually flies by me goin like 90.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Cat Fuсker

I usually roll up the window and ask him if he'd like to put some money up on the nearby strip(got one within 15 minutes)...and if he doesn't I just let him fly by.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

About 90% of the time its definately not worth it, sorry to say but its ALWAYS a civic/teggy with a f'in intake who thinks he's hot ****. Suprisingly I am able to let him go but every once in a while I get annoyed enough to light em' up.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:05 PM

I'm for it within certain limits. If some rice-boy rolls up on me with eBay exhaust and a $20 AI, I usually just drop him up to the speed limit. But in my car, I can get about 3 or 4 CL's on him before I hit 50, so it's really not a challenge. I don't usually bother asking whether or not he wants to put up anymore, since most of them don't like to pay after getting their asses handed to them. On the freeway, though, it's always fun to play around with people.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

i used to race anyone, anytime, anywhere. after seeing a few crashes and being passenger in a car pulled over WELL in excess of double the speed limit in a race, im pretty much done with it. every once in a while ill drop on a v8 i can take, or a quick race to show someone they aint as hot as they think. but i hardly ever get even to the speed limit. its just not worth it anymore. i can go to the track and race every wednesday for 15 bucks. and i have timeslips to back up my bragging. the only problem with that is the damn people out there "shopping" for cars. theft is a huge thing here in cali, you gotta watch your back all the time. i never even go straight home if anyones behind me more than a couple of turns. but thats just as bad or worse when street racing, so it still is better to go to the track.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:09 AM
HCF Member

Some interesting stories out there. As for me, I hate to race in busy areas like in town, or in the day. I do it occasionaly prefferably at night, where the only cars on the road is mine, and the guy Im racing. I only race when I know they want a little, and I race only the cars that Im pretty sure I can take. So far I haven't lost. But I agree, street racing is very dangerous, and it's not really worth it. But conditions must be just right before I do it. After all, souped up Civics, aren't we all at least a little about street racing?
Andrey

Old 12-22-2004, 08:12 AM
HCF Member

Forgot to mention one more thing. I probably wouldn't street race as much, and that goes for every one else in Midland, if we had a track some where near by. I think the closest track from where Im at is like 45 minutes away, so it's not even worth the time, and the money for the gas just to go down there and race some ricer that thinks he can waste you.
Andrey

Old 12-22-2004, 11:48 AM

Suprisingly I am able to let him go but every once in a while I get annoyed enough to light em' up.
i feel u on that one.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:37 PM

im from san diego. up until recently we used to go at 2am every friday/saturday night to the underground drag races. there are a bunch of dark roads that people race on. we would race for 1-2 hours untill the cops came, then everybody hits the freeway entrance and bails, except the unlucky few the cops can pull over. and we're talking about hundreds of cars, all the local kids knew about it, and knew the meeting spots. yes accidents happened. yes people got arrested. but you know what? those were the best times of my life. unfortunately in the last couple years there has been a police unit formed just to crack down on this. so it doesnt happen much anymore, or maybe im just too old and nobody tells me where the spots are anymore. any way, good times....

Quick Reply: Street Racing.