General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

stupid question?

Old 03-11-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member
Default stupid question?

probably a stupid question but how do ppl stay still and spin their tires and make them smoke...

i dont wanna do it i just saw a youtube video and was wodnering how they do it

Old 03-12-2007, 12:30 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: stupid question?

basically just hit the gas. faster the car easier it is. You know when it rains and you step on the gas too much and your car tires just skid where they are, same concept without the water. Easier to do in a manual.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

Depending on the car you are trying to do it with, there are many ways to get around to it.

If its front wheel drive it makes it a little harder, but its dooable.

You can always pop the clutch, hold the e-brake and floor the gas, hold the brake and idle up, then let off the brake. With rear wheel drives you pretty much just punch it.

But its very hard not only on the tranny but tires and brakes too. It's not something that needs to be learned if your going to abuse it. You spend some money fixing that stuff after it breaks on ya.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 AM
HCF Member

^ Yup. He said it all with that last line. Things break. Things cost money to fix.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:17 AM
HCF Member

No way!! you got to impress the chicks and make your friends crap their pants. Do a brake stand and rev it till it hurts. woooohooo!!!

lol I used to love to do that sh*t...........but now I'm afraid to hurt my ride.

If you start in sand first then onto pavement itshouldn't hurt your car that much, plus it's easier to get em spin'n.As far as stuff like going down hills in reverse, then slamming it into first......not good for the ol tranny

Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 AM
HCF Member

but i've seen epople do it without moving at all just in a prking spot they do it

Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

what kinda car they doing it in. lol

Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

just dont do it

Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

yeah its a bad idea, for your engine, tranny and tires. If you hvae a manual, hold the clutch in and give it gas. Rev really high and then let off the clutch really fast, just take your foot all the way off it. The clutch will catch and the tires will try and spin as fast as they should at the RPMs you are at, but since your standing still your car can't get traction as quikcly as it wants to so you just stand still.

4WD burn outs are impressive, theres a Suby up here that can do it, damn that things is mean

Old 03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

thatsnot what i mean i dont mean when people do like a neutral drop when they rev in neutral and then swtich to gear....i mean people could jsut sit in one spot and spin their tires and smoke them til they all melt away, without moving an inch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stupid question?