General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stupid Stuff Youve done to your car

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Angry Admin
Default Stupid Stuff Youve done to your car

yah what stupid chit has everyone done to their car, like self inflicted battlewounds, ghetto rigging something, or the like.

For example, i slid across my hood a couple times and now i have some pretty large dents on my hood =[, also my intake was held on by duct tape for quite some time.

so yah have a blast everyones done something stupid share the love =]

Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 PM

used the rough side of a sponge to remove paint splatter from my car caused by an exploded spray paint can. Ended up scratching the **** out of my clear coat, didn't know about paint and tried to fix it with touch up paint. I am now in a constant battle with my paint and trying to make it look shiny again.

also, tightened a few bolts too tight and snapped them or what they were bolted to.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

when I first bought my car I put on one of those screw on muffler tips at autozone. It ended up melting some of the bumper where it rubbed against.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 AM

I put some ultra bright green LEDs in my vents and under my seats to create a ricey green interior glow. That was on my old 92 EX. Never got pulled over, but the car was too stock to deserve something so ricey.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

Aw man... don't get me started... :P

I'm agreeing with totaldestuction on tightening bolts... also loosing the bloody things. I've taken out my center console so many freaking times that the plastic clips that hold it in place to the piece with the ebrake and compartment are gone.

Hollowed out the tape deck and put my alarm brains in there, oh, wait, no reception when the antenna is in a metal box. Naw. Fixed that, and put a plastic pocket there instead of the tape deck. Looks nice now. :P

Cheaped out and bought $5 headlight bulbs from ebay. One of them burst within two weeks and I had to rip the headlight apart to get all the glass out.

My muffler rusted off except for a little bit of metal holding it on. I ripped it off, then thought, "Oh, crap. I already attract attention..." (modded exhaust systems are like a $60 fine + fix it ticket). I borrowed my grandma's car, got a new muffler, ghetto rigged it on with tin foil, clamps, duct tape, and bungee cords, then drove it in to get it fixed. All nice and fixed now, but I will never show my face in that shop again... lol

Got rear ended, thought it looked fine just a little nick from her front license plate, didn't wait for the cops, just told the chick that hit me everything was fine, we drove off, I got home, discovered my rear bumper is squished. Also turns out my bumper cover doesn't fit well on the sides at all. I still have yet to get it replaced.... Moral of the story, always get insurance info....

Back when I had my 93 Accord me and my brother would always fight over who got to park in the garage overnight. Rather vicious, he thought he deserved it more than me for some odd reason, he ended up breaking into my car with a screw driver. I let him have the garage after that.... I should have just parked in the driveway anyway... He always ends up pulling something like that. So I had to drive around with my metal stripping all banged up the rest of the time I had the car.

More stories later if I can think of them... :P

Last edited by Shbek; 09-26-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Pretty much everything I did to the civic was a bad idea (body kit, z3 fenders, dual exhaust, neons, trying to tint the windows myself, etc) until about a year before I sold it... then I started down the right path lol... too bad I sold it so soon, it might've turned out really nice.

Nothing too stupid with the mustang yet