General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Thinkin' about buying a civic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Default Thinkin' about buying a civic...

All my life I have driven Ford and GM vehicles, and pretty much grew up in a GM family. I'm 20, and work as a used car reconditioning tech at a major GM dealer. I run across alot of Honda products and they generally do not need alot of work to get them ready to put back out on the lot to be sold again. They seem pretty easy to work on...so I have been thinking.....

I'll be looking for a fuel efficient vehicle, with no bells and whistles, just for screwing around. I have my eye on the '05 civic DX sedan, nothing fancier, nice and simple. I'll do the normal wheels/intake/muffler/clear tailight deal, but I'm concerned about safety. They seem like a solid car, will they hold up in an accident?

I'll probably be shooting for the 5 speed with the 1.7...how long has this engine been around? Is it easy to screw with as far as mods? I don't really need a whole lot of performance just looks and a little deeper exhaust.

I'll be trading in an '05 silverado...The insurance and gas is kind of taking it's toll, as well as only being able to take only two friends out with me (reg cab).

Do any of you have any problems or gripes with the DX sedan?

Sorry for the long post, but I want to make the smartest purchase possible.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Thinkin' about buying a civic...

All my life I have driven Ford and GM vehicles, and pretty much grew up in a GM family. I'm 20
I'm so sorry dude. I'm in no way an expert on the mechanics of these newer civs, but definitely don't vouch for their design externally.

Honda products and they generally do not need alot of work to get them ready to put back out on the lot to be sold again
Word

Old 03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Default RE: Thinkin' about buying a civic...

Dude...get a civic. You'll be just like everybody else, but hey. 20,000,000* people that already drive civics can't be wrong, can they?

*Number quoted is random and in no way represents the number of people that actually drive Honda Civics(tm)