General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

thinking about getting a new civic? what is weight difference between 2 and 4 door?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Default thinking about getting a new civic? what is weight difference between 2 and 4 door?

I am thinking about getting a new civic? I was thinking about the mustang v6 or the scion tc but with does gas prices I'm probably better off with a civic. Does anyone know what theweight difference between 2 and 4 door? Is the performance between the 2 and 4 difference the same? What civic model should I get? I need air conditioning. Any other tips on buying the civic? Did anyone have any problems with the civic?

thanks in advance

Old 07-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: thinking about getting a new civic? what is weight difference between 2 and 4 door?

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not completely sure, but I believe the 4-door is somewhere around 100-200lbs heavier... nothing that's going to make a huge difference.

I'm not completely familiar with the 8th gen trims, but I think the ex usually has all the power options... but I figure if you're going to spend how much on a new car, you might as well go all the way and get the si... one of honda's best engines straight from the factory as well as all power options and everything else. Generally, civics have no real problems... the worst thing that happens is after 10 years or so, they develop some nasty rear quarter panel rust.

And you're right on the v6 stang thing... I'm getting 22mpg with mine (but it sure is fun to drive [8D] )

Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: thinking about getting a new civic? what is weight difference between 2 and 4 door?

The Scion TC is a sweet ride.....if I was going to buy a new car, Id get that. Im not a big fan of the latest Civics. Gen 5 thru Gen 7 Civics are more along the lines of what I like.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
HCF Member

TC's arecool, but are not available in canada, you can't even import them...

Mustangs are Fords, crap interior, Ford reliability, and a nice name.

Civic would be the way to go, 2dr is more expensive and is less conveniant. 4dr is cheaper and is more conveniant (it's not very nice stuffing people in the back of a 2dr car). If you guys have the same models as we do in Canada, go for the DX-G.

Why haven't you looked at honda.com? They have all your answers there.

Reaper, I'm sure honda has solved that problem already. I don't see many EK's around with rust and a good chunk of em are 10 years old.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

dude check out edmunds.com or kbb.com to compare cars.
you can compare the specs and everything.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Masonn
Mustangs are Fords, crap interior, Ford reliability, and a nice name.
hey! [:@]

ORIGINAL:Masonn
Reaper, I'm sure honda has solved that problem already. I don't see many EK's around with rust and a good chunk of em are 10 years old.
good point... I know EGs are pretty much notorious for the quarter panel rust.

*edit: and my mustangs interior is waaaaaay nicer than my civics... the steering wheel is my only complaint... it looks kind of funny lol

Old 07-05-2008, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

up in canada we use salt and sand on our roads in winter...which is a great recipie for small dings, paint chips, and rust. I don't know about 7th gen, but anything 6 gen and older WILL rust. Nothing you can do about it, unless you encase it in glass the day you buy it and leave it there LOL...

Doomtown, my 97 EX (canadian spec, equal to USDM DX) is great. 5spd manual, power windows/locks, AC, but no vtec. Maybe one day I'll do a mini-me swap. I get pretty good milage too, considering most of my driving is short trips around town with the occasional highway run.