General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Time to move on.....TO ANOTHER CIVIC :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:49 AM
HCF Member
Default Time to move on.....TO ANOTHER CIVIC :)

Hey guys, well, I may be getting rid of the hatch for a coupe. Reason: I was made an offer I can't refuse. Apparently this hatch that I have was a hot commodity on the tracks here in the Bahamas and guys have been trying to get just the shell off of the previous owner. Well these guys approached me and told me that they would give me a perfectly running car just for the shell of my car. They told me that I can have the old engine and gearbox as well as the rims and anything else. The just want the shell. So I told them it's a deal. But I told them before i start taking down anything off of my engine I need to see this car that they are giving me and also I will have to get it checked by a certified mechanic. I refuse to be the victim of another EFF UP.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

man idk about all that, if they want it bad enough, offer them an insanely high price for the shell... it isnt rly worth trading it and then having to do all of the work on a new car, i seen u here plenty of times pissed off at the car, wanting to blow it up, and now your trading it.. i wouldnt man, just offer em an insanely high price and see if they agree, if not, then i woulod just keep it cause hatches are sexxy.. expecially if its rare on the island

Old 10-29-2009, 05:58 AM
HCF Member

Supersize, I understand exactly where you are coming from but....I gatta let it go. This thing has given me so much problems. Like I said he will be giving me a running civic and I still will keep the engine, rims and other accessories from the hatch. Yeah, the hatch may be a rare car but....if it's for me i'll just get another one later on down. Or may get something even better. I just need something right now to get from point A to Point B. The guy who wants it, apparently did some mechanic work on my hatch when it was owned by the previous person. He told me that I will need a new block for that in any event if I do decide to keep it because apparently there was some issues with it before. He was able to tell me all the problems that I had with the car annnnnd he also told me that the money that I spent was unneccessary. He assured me that the car will be running in good condition. I told him at this point his word doesn't matter because I will be getting a certified mechanic to check in any event.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

I AM SO CONFUSED! A reputable mechanic here on the island that I had asked to come see me car some months ago called me today and told me that he finally has a chance to come and look at my car. I told him about the deal that I was about to make. He basically said the same thing u did, supersize. He told me that guys would say anything just to get what they want. If they know that a car's body or anything of that matter is in good condition they would give or trade anything. He said that if they really want the body they should be willing to pay. IDK, I'll see what happens.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:52 AM
HCF Member

first take a look at the car that they want to give you if its nice why not?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

exactly, if they want it, they will say anything. they probably told you that you wasted all your money into it just so you will get pissed off and say fukk it im not putting no more in, here, take the car. if its a rare car and they want it bad enough as a shell, just think about how much it would be worth running and tuned up.. i say keep it, if it realy does need a new block, just do a complete motor swap.. then let them offer you insanely high prices... if its worth 3000 and you put 8000 bucks of parts into it, tell them you want 15,000 for it or else no deal... like i said and the machanic said, if they want it, they will buy it.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:55 AM
HCF Member

Okay guys, so the mechanic came by last night, had a look at the engine aaaaaaannnndddd.....the engine iiiiissss toast....the block is bad soooooo he says that he just finished building an all motor d16 engine, port and polished, high compression pistons, the works....He said he would sell me the engine and install it....annnnd get my a/c running for $2000.....I am going to the bank for my loan today. I may even get the price down if I take out the old engine. But when he saw the car he was like, my civic is like one of THEEEE freshest on the island....DO NOT GET RID OF IT! He said, how my car looks, it needs the engine to match. I am going to check the engine tomorrow and take pics to show you guys. He said that the compression ration is 12:1....WOW....It redlines in 5th gear....WTF.....Can you say power The guy who he had built it for got tired of it and wanted more power so he had a FRANKENSTEIN built to drop in his car. So I said maybe this is a blessing in disguise. But I will keep y'all updated.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 AM
HCF Member

ehh i dont think an all motor d16 is going to be as great as you think it is but im glad your keeping ur car
it always sucks to get rid of a project

Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

see i told you, just dont trade, keep ur civ, ull be the talk of your town haha. nah, an all motor dseries isnt gonna be rediculous power, i mean you can drop some numbers, but.... its not donna be to quick. if you boost it, then your headin up tho. i would just get that built dseries motor and drop it in and get a turbo

Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

yet again supersize
ya might wanna think twice b4 this advice but im pretty sure...
the built all motor dseries is going to be very high compression and meant to be NA
if you turbo that it can be done safley but it is different that building a low compression turbo beast
it will not hold as much power safely as a motor built for boost

Quick Reply: Time to move on.....TO ANOTHER CIVIC :)