General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Turbo'd AWD CRX

Old 09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
HCF Member
Default Turbo'd AWD CRX

I just found out a team where I live in canada has this project going.

well, the old light bulb went on when a guy on Honda-Tech built the first AWD ef chassis hatchback using the Realtime AWD drivetrain from the 88-91 Civic Station Wagons. The guys that built that car used a sohc vtec motor with a pretty radical turbo kit pumping out 430whp on the stock block.

For our motor, we are gonna be using a DOHC 1.6L JDM ZC block built with low compression D16A6 pistons and rods, and a PG7 86-89 USDM Integra cylinder head.

The donor car for the drivetrain will be a 88 Honda Civic Station Wagon with the Realtime AWD standard transmission drivetrain.

All of this madness will be stuffed into my old crx chassis that was in a major front end wreck a few years back. I ended up selling the car and then buying it back to do something stupid with it. The boys at pretech are going to work their magic and straigten out the front end and give it a quick squirt of paint.

Anyway onto the pics. This one is gonna take a while so dont expect too many quick updates. These first few pics are of the donor car and the dismantling/part out of everything we are gonna need for the swap.

Thx to cole @ plus one in nanaimo for finding us a buyer for the motor from the donor car to help us with cost of the car.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=540170

There's a bunch of pictures if you guys want to see.