General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what do ya think

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what do ya think

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Real nice, i love the location of the bass volume (you can reach over to adjust the volume, and oops accidentally grab your date a little bit lol)
It's on the drivers side, not the passenger.
I like the car, it's clean (for winter haha).

Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Masonn

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Real nice, i love the location of the bass volume (you can reach over to adjust the volume, and oops accidentally grab your date a little bit lol)
It's on the drivers side, not the passenger.
I like the car, it's clean (for winter haha).
There is no center console...You can actually reach and touch your date by mistake...and say my bad....lol, Awesome.
^^^+1 for cyberx32. I give you props dude [sm=smiley20.gif]

You never open your trunk while playing music at high volume because once you open the trunk the waves of the woofers don't hit it anymore and that causes the woofer to over expand, resulting in getting bad woofers and rattling noise on the middle. The coils will get fuc-ked up. Pretty much after that the speakersare dead and will sound nasty at high volumes.

I have never used MTX because I like hard hitting bass. I have used always KickersSubs and Amps. The CVR kickers where basically crap for me. Whack. On my 94 accord I'm running 2 12inch Subs L7 Solo Baric with a Kicker Amp 1,6000 watts. Rockford fosgate Capacitor with matching components for the front and some 6 by 9 for the back and Kicker amp for theVoice...I had to foam and Dyno-Mat the trunk...That Shi-t sounds clean . At that time the L7 where the top of the line for kicker until the came out with the X-Solo Baric .

On My Si I'm just running one 12 Sub L5 Solo Baric with a Kicker800 watt amp. Two 12"s make my trunk to heavy and plus the L7 demand a lot of Current (POWER) Compare to the L5. Also running Rockford fosgate Capacitor,components and 6 by 9 on rear with another Kicker amp. It sounds also good but the bass is not as AWESOME compare to my Accord.

But over all the car looks clean...Keep up the good work

Old 03-01-2008, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

^ appreciate the info on the trunk/subs, didnt know that. the volume wasnt too loud when i took the video. but that brings me to the question, when people are at audio contests and stuff, what about them? dont they usually have the trunk open to blast the music? or maybe im just bringing up memories of fast n furious haha.

i agree with the mtx. while they are nice subs, they just dont hit hard enough. i need to get some newer ones. still deciding on my new setup. also the amp i have right now is just budjet friendly, and nothing more (brand name: profile)

also, civic si, i've been looking into dynomating and foaming my trunk because of the subs, any pointers?

appreciate all the commments

Old 03-01-2008, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

You can bump the music loud while the trunk is open....[sm=smiley21.gif] Bad Idea to bump it really hard and then pop open the trunk..That is the way most people ruin there Subs.

I used some Minimum Expansion Foam from My local hardware store like Lowe's. Home
Depot.
Don't get Regular Foam because it will over Expand resulting on a fuc-ked up trunk. It will seem like your trunk got into a crash accident. It will get pretty ugly..Bent,etc
Just use it under the trunk and filled the grooves. Dynomat Hmmm I used it long time ago maybe they have something better now. But the foam does Help out a lot.
O yeah also use some sponge behind the back of the license plate. I glued it on on mine..It helps a lot with those rattling Vibrations

I payed a 1 grand for just thetwo L7 Solo Baric Subs with box and amp. At that time those subs where priced at Cruthfield magazine for about 360.00 each Sub. Thats the reason they came out with the L5 because L7 was to high in price for a lot of peolple