General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What do you think? good trade or no?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default What do you think? good trade or no?

well lately ive realy wanted a hatchback... greatly thinking about swaping my 94project civic with it...
i found this 94civic hatchback VX with a D15Z1 motor swaped in it..

no power options.... preaty bad looking rear wheel rust....
P/S rack with the pump removed.... and a aftermarket steering wheel...

i like power options, dont like rust but for all my knownledge mine could be just as bad so im not gonna hold it against it to much...
but the power steering rack is something id want to buy a new pump and hoses for to put it back on....
and the same with the steering wheel... i want a airbag.... i would swap him mine BUT with mine being cruise controls i dont know if it would plug up ok, and i know i still wouldnt have cruise controls and id be preaty much leaving my civic without cruise controls since you need those controls.LOL

but he does have some decent 16s which i kinda like... tho i would want to paint them something else.. eventualy..

heres some pictures of his civic hatchback
Name:  DSC00787.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  119.0 KB
Name:  DSC00070.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  66.2 KB
Name:  DSC00099.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  94.2 KB

details
$4200 will take trades(make an offer)

1994 civic vx
180k on body
20k on swapped d15z1

ceramic headers
high-flow cat.
2.25" custom exhaust
magnaflow muffler
cold air intake
shortthrow shifter
projector headlights
eurotails
lowered aprox. 2"
strut tower brace
window tint
mugen steering wheel
type R shiftknob
prelude seats
pedal covers
jensen in-dash cd/dvd touchscreen

willing to hear you out on any trade offers...looking for another 2door

**reason for selling-wold really like a eg coupe...equally open to a trade....i dont have cash to throw on top so dont ask

have 2 sets of rims avaliable. your pick. will negotiate price.
(18" white ADR -or- new 16" gold konig rewind)

im trying to make a swap with the guy....
my concers are already above as well as lowered suspension, cause my civic is my winter driver so ground clearance could be a issue.

what do you think? a good trade without the wheels? or does me asking for the 16s to much?

im trying to keep my inner fender linings, underbody splash guards, and was thinking about swaping struts, but seeing how his bushings might be seized that might be to much trouble to swap when swaping cars..... so id have to just buy some stock struts and swap them out on my time....

what do you think? am i asking to much for his 16s...... or should i even swap him as is... but with me keeping my inner fender and underbody splash guards.... which i think is very reasonable. cause i want to keep my engine bay clean and the wind noise down from the inner fenders being thier... its nothing but plastic and clips.LOL

pictures of my civic thinking about trading for his civic above...

tho i do want to remove my amplifier,sub,box in the rear..... as well. i guess i should email the guy telling him that.LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What do you think? good trade or no?

Well between the rust, the removed PS, and the fact that it doesnt have all the options yours does...I dont it would be a bad trade for either of you. I mean if you want the hatch...he's not gonna be getting hurt with your coupe. I think it'd be reasonable to trade for his with the 16's and you keep your plastics...he probably wont even notice they are missing.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya just edited it and emailed the guy saying for
HIM TO KEEP HIS DVD RADIO/INDASH, and me keep my subwoofer,amplifier,and its box, and my crapy sony radio.

i got thinking.... I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY BASS!!!!!!! i mean... whats my name.LOL and i only have 1 extra amplifier and subs but im using those subs on my home suround sound.LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

lol...yeah I think if you are ok with having to take care of some cancer...you are definately NOT shafting him on the deal......i kinda wish my coupe was a hatch sometimes...

Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

^^ +1 your not shafting him at all. sounds good, the rust really does scare me though. unless you know how to deal with it. but i say hell yes for the hatch. you won't regret it. just remove the altezzas if you want me to smile and replace them with si lights. ; ) if you don't take that deal i will..just kidding, distance. anyways yeah man

Old 12-03-2007, 07:39 AM
HCF Member

if it was me, i'd take the hatc. WTF about the wheels though? lol does it come with two different sets? Idk IMO the hatch looks like it'd be easier to clean up and a better project, but hatches are siiiiiick and you already have a coupe

Old 12-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i love to have a hatchback just cause thiers so much more stereo posibilities! id glass the hell outta the rear for a sweet setup...

im not to scared about rust/cancer just as long as the underbody isnt to bad...
i think i saw a site online that sold replacement rear quarters so you could chop out the old and weld in the new and all that.... but cannt remember that site tho and cannt find it
BUT i can simply make my own patch panels.... will take quite a bit longer.LOL BUT i can do it no doubt in my mind.... i got a migwelder and pleanty of metal/ and body work skills... i just dont like to do all that very much.LOL

im sure any body man will tell you its not a hard job its just VERY repeditive and time consuming

to bad my tails wont fit... cause i even have a extra set of taillights.LOL

but ya those will be pulled off and replaced!

i know im benig kinda picky with little things with him.... but both cars need body work im sure..... both cars are suposed to have good motors, and tranys but not sure when his clutch was replaced tho. but i can do that no problem if it is old....

so as long as we swap radios, and i keep my subsetup, and i keep my splash guards, and get his 16inch wheels on it. i think thats a preaty even swap..... with mine having more HP in the motor and power options, moonroof. i kinda think he is geting the beter deal afterall.... like 30HP more... and all power should compensate for crapy muffler, crapy window tint. and the body is still about the same all over.

i realy hope the guys good with my terms of trade.... and then ill be preay much swaping project civics. LMFAO

he said he has some 18s for it but i dont want rims that big... 16s or 15s is what i prefere on the EG...

Old 12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

Yeah you should be able to find several sites that sell patch panels for that rear quarter...then you can just cut your cancer out to weld in the new....I'd definately be looking close at the underside of that corner to make sure it stops at what you see...if you look closer and your gonna have to start replacing more sheet metal it might prove to be more costly andtime consuming than the coupe.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rice_eater

Yeah you should be able to find several sites that sell patch panels for that rear quarter...then you can just cut your cancer out to weld in the new....I'd definately be looking close at the underside of that corner to make sure it stops at what you see...if you look closer and your gonna have to start replacing more sheet metal it might prove to be more costly andtime consuming than the coupe.

i ya i hear ya thier... you know of any sites that sell patch panels?

but i will definatly inspect the underbody! have him come over to my shop to jack the car up to inspect it realy good..... and then test drive eachothers cars.....

i dont think ill realy miss the lost HP cause i realy dont push my car that hard at all..... dont get me wrong tho i do screw around from time to time with it.... but NEVER push the motor over 5.5K rpms....

Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

Right here

Hurraye for better price and only having to buy the one you need
http://www.rustrepair.com/REPAIR_PAN...IC.88-2128851L

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think? good trade or no?