General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What should i pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Default What should i pay?

Hey guys, I'm going to look at a civic on Sunday and am wondering how much YOU would pay for the car.. I know, its a vague discription, but a general estimate is all I need.

Heres what I know

1997 honda civic coupe
black, sunroof, auto.

Thats all I know about the car.. Its sitting in a driveway and I made arrangements to look at it on sunday. It was hit in the front, and the hit looks like it was pretty hard. But again, i cant tell as all ive done is drove by it. The hood is bent way up and about half as long as it should be, rad support looks toast, probably both fenders, headlights and bumper.. what would a civic like this typically go for? I was hoping to get it for like 300.00 as it looks like a hard hit. I was looking for a standard civic, but hey, this would be a starting point... thanks guys. -Paul

Old 03-31-2009, 08:28 PM

Less than $1000. Probably around $500.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM

Sounds like a 97 EX coupe. If its hit as hard as it sounds, you may not want to pick it up. It sounds like it needs the whole front cap, headlights, bumper, radiator core support, radiator, condenser, AC lines probably, maybe even a header if things were mashed in that far. The frame may even be pretty messed up. Of course, it may not be that bad. If we had pictures, we could give better insight. Our estimates could be WILDLY off. I would say $500ish, but a car can be parted out for much more than you'd get for the car intact.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

could be a really easy fix and done for under 1k if the damage isnt that bad. Post picture and we can help you further.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

I'd say buy it for $500 then part it out

Old 03-31-2009, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
well it depends, he might not be looking to make money, rather get a cheap car that will run and be reliable.

I say you talk him down as far as you can go. Offer up that $300 like you were going to. Who knows he might bite and slowly work up from there.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:10 AM

haha thanks guys, maybe I'll be realy sketchy and drive by and take a pic, to show the damage lol. Its my friends mother, and she said she wants to negotiate price face-to-face(so I'm think OH greattt). Maybe Ill be a creep and drive by slow and take a pic, ill get back to ya!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
If it is an EX, I agree 100000%

Otherwise look at it see what needs to be replaced and then give him a figure like 500ish

Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 AM

Well I took a pic but I was driving, and it came out small. When I open it with paint, i can zoom in and get a better look. It looks like the drivers side fender and headlight weren't affected, but again, I cant tell. The kid rear-ended a suburban..

Name:  honda.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  23.9 KB

It has sunroof but appears to have steelies with hubcaps, i thought the ex's came with aluminum wheels? Let me know what you think..

Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 AM

Probably 500 or less but you should have a thorough look at all the damage before deciding to purchase it and if the frame is messed up, buy it and part it out or don't bother.

-symbi

Quick Reply: What should i pay?