General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

whats better. Accord or Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats better. Accord or Civic?

I also have a 94 Accord Ex SOHC V-tec... I love it dude and I also love my baby Si. There is plenty of aftermarket support for that model also. I been having my car for almost 8 yrs in May..That's the reason I don't want to get rid of it because it's my 1st car. They have headers,catbacks,intakes and more for that model. I say buy it, It's a great price..
Accord's are definitely more roomier than Civic's and tend to have extra features also, butit all depends on what trim you are looking at...LX,EX, etc....

Old 04-10-2008, 04:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

I also have a 94 Accord Ex SOHC V-tec... I love it dude and I also love my baby Si. There is plenty of aftermarket support for that model also. I been having my car for almost 8 yrs in May..That's the reason I don't want to get rid of it because it's my 1st car. They have headers,catbacks,intakes and more for that model. I say buy it, It's a great price..
Accord's are definitely more roomier than Civic's and tend to have extra features also, butit all depends on what trim you are looking at...LX,EX, etc....

i think i am gonna buy it.

i know nothing about setups or w/e for accords
got any ideas on what i could do?
LX?
EX?

like h22 and something or f22b or something.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 AM
HCF Member

I was gonna buy a 92 Accord Coupe once, if the rings weren't going on it i would be driving one right now.
The civics and accords have their benefits and they are nice, but gas mileage isn't too good on them though, but not bad for the time. They can be made fast and you could always swap in an H22 cuz i think it was SCC that did the swap into an earlier gen accord. With that much horsepower and torque you will have quite a quick and powerful little midsize japanese sedan.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

I absolutely love the 95-98 accord coupes. The body style is sexy as hell and the interior is really nice too, unlike the prelude of the same vintage. Its just really hard to find one for a reasonable price in good shape with a 5 spd. since they're somewhat rare. I actually bought one just before I got my civic, but I had to return it the same day cause there were a whole bunch of issues with the registration that I didn't want to deal with. That was frustrating! At least I found a nice civic though. I just wish I had held out for an ex.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
HCF Member

its a 4 door accord ><

Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

i wouldtotally get it! i used to have a 95 accord ex 4 door auto. i loved that car, find out what trim it is. all i did to my accord was a put a short ram intake in it, the sound was amazing when the vtec kicked in. really deep loud sound. im thinking of getting one soon, but an 5sp instead.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

i want to

Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like you have your heart set on it, so go for it. Just make sure you inspect everything to see what your gonna have to fix

Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

its in good condition.
its an english/math teachers car lol

Old 04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

94-95 it's the same body the only difference form the 97-98, the rear lights are a little longer (extra piece on the trunk) , above the license plate (rear)it has chrome strip, the grill has the H on iton the other 2 yrs it's on the hood

How to find out if it's an Ex...
1. Stock muffler OEM comes with double tip straight from the inside
2. sunroof
3. V-tec engine F22B 2.2L
4. leather seats
5. I think only Ex comes with ABS

If it don't have any of this features it might be an Lx

Ex is the highest model for Accord's

Quick Reply: whats better. Accord or Civic?