General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)

So some of you may have noticed I haven't been around here a whole lot lately, I haven't had much time to post. Here are a few updates:

I got some new stuff!
First of all, TIRES! A set of 14" Azenis for autocross, slightly used, awesome deal.

OEM Civic Si/Type-R front uppper strut bar. And it was already painted red, I couldn't believe it.

New brake pads. Mad props to Speed6Motorsports for these.

I was going to just get my old rotors resurfaced, but at the last minute decided to order Brembo blanks instead

Also I developed a really nice oil leak last week at the threads for the drain bolt, they were stripped again, and I was leaving a 8" puddle every time I parked for even half an hour. So I picked up another oil pan and replaced it myself.

<-- gross
Doing it yourself pays off, I figure for about what it would have cost to have the pan replaced at the dealer, I bought everything you see above.

Autocross is going well, I just had my third event (fourth if you count the novice school). I have been improving every time, and having a blast! Here are a few pictures from various events this season:

This weekend I placed 6th out of 14 novices . . . not too shabby. The instructors help a LOT.

Also, it's been a year since I've been on this forum. It was July 4 weekend last year when I joined HCF to ask some dumb question about wheel sizes, lol.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)

little bit of some body roll in the last two pics ehhh? lol i would be looking into front and back sway bars they are a huge advantage in auto-x

Old 07-04-2006, 12:55 AM
HCF Member

Sweet pics, is that an instructor riding with you in that last pic? How do you like those falken tires, they look sticky

Old 07-04-2006, 01:19 AM
NTX
HCF Member

gotta work on that suspension.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:25 AM
mxs
HCF Member

yeah, no comments on the stock suspension, I know it looks bad. The front strut bar is actually helping a lot.

That is an instructor riding along.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:26 AM
HCF Member

what all are your plans for the suspension setup?

Old 07-04-2006, 02:30 AM
mxs
HCF Member

nothing right now. I'm going to leave it stock for a while. but this isn't a "opinions on my suspension" thread . . .

anyway, has anyone else ever changed their oil pan before? it's kind of a pain in the ***.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:41 AM
HCF Member

hell I was just trying to get an idea from a person I see knows their **** about it or atleast has looked into it more than me......my bad

Old 07-04-2006, 10:20 AM
mxs
HCF Member

lol, I wouldn't say I know my s*** about suspension. [&:] I do know this though: if I want to be more competititve, I need to move back into the stock class. Any change in "suspension geometry" would not allow that. And right now, since I've gone back to my stock wheels, the only thing holding me back is my intake.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:23 AM

Auto X looks like so much fun. I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how would one get started? I know people do it around here in a baseball stadium parking lot, but I never see any info on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)