General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:37 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)

Just go to scca.com and find your local region. Look under "Solo2" for info, that's what it's actually called. Basically all you have to do is empty all the crap out of your car and show up. They will probably have a course walk for all the novices, and instructors will ride with you the first few times. Everyone is really helpful.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

ive never changed an oil pan but i did drop mine and drill a hole in it.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

nothing right now. I'm going to leave it stock for a while. but this isn't a "opinions on my suspension" thread . . .

anyway, has anyone else ever changed their oil pan before? it's kind of a pain in the ***.
i had to put a new gasket on mine after i had to drop it and tap it for a oil return

Old 07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

wow MXS, you have been busy..did you change your brakes yet? in not..mabey a DIY, brembo kicks and as if you changed your oil pan, props to you on that..iv never done it before but ill attempt it if i ever need to, i see you dropped your exhust for it..that sucks

anways..everything looks good, good luck with the auto xing

Old 07-04-2006, 11:56 AM

sweeeet another autoxer! dont worry, i've been racing on stock suspenion(with strut/tie bars tho) for a looong while. body roll pwns me...but that'll all change in a week or so. sounds like ur doin pretty well. mmm Azenis...i need to get my hands on some of those. how much did u get the brake pads for and how are they?

Old 07-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Looks like fun Marnie, and nice work with the oil pan. I havent touched mine yet, but the one on my buddy's T/A was a *****..

I do have one question. If you can do this well in the current class with no suspension mods, what makes you think that you wont be able to be competitive once you upgrade the suspension?

Old 07-04-2006, 12:32 PM

nice pics i like the one with the chick in the mirror. and autox looks like fun maybe someday for me

Old 07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
mxs
HCF Member

yeah, the brakes are on, and they are working really well. The rotors were $80 shipped from Tire Rack, PM Sacicons for a price on the brake pads. The tires kick *** too.

Forty, I'm torn on the whole classing thing, it could really go either way. For now I'm really only competing against the other novices, but once I "graduate" it basically comes down to do I want to have fewer mods and compete against cars with fewer mods? or have more and compete against others with more? OR join the Ladies Class which never has more than 3 people in it?? And I'm not trying to break any records anyway, it's more just about learning techniques and whatnot. I'd rather stop changing things at this point and just try to improve myself. Plenty of people race on stock suspension (see pic)

[IMG]local://upfiles/4155/FAEA2BCE14674AD9A1A23371C2FA6DBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

HOly ****, that things going to tip over!

I hear ya though, and I think that's cool. Not many people out there realize that they can improve themselves just as much, and in most cases more so, than they can their car.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:03 PM

i've always ran in sts class ever since i started. i kinda think its better cuz usually there are more experienced ppl and better cars in sts which makes me more determind to get better times.

Quick Reply: Where have I been? (auto-x, parts, and pictures)