General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Why do people hate civics, love integras?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Default RE: Why do people hate civics, love integras?

it all depends on what you want...my civic has better acel then my buddies 94 ls, but he has a better top end....the thing that i really dont like about the teggies is thier gear ratios...they suck...my freinds GSR maxes 2nd at about 60-63...that the same as my civic ex...WTF??? and i think my first gear is taller than his...so whatever...

Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

almost all cars max 2nd at 62 mph. thats 100KPH, and in the US, 0-60 is very important, and everywhere else they use0-100KPH, and they dont want to shift more than once, thats why they both max 2nd about the same. most cars would have a faster 1/4 mile time if no one cared about 0-60, because most cars optimum shift points would put you in third before 60.

Old 05-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Cam
HCF Member

Its the same sort of thing in the uk, people love integras, and see the civics as just another car tossers stick big exhausts on. But im really into cars, and have been for years and i had no idea about the b16/b18 engined cars until i started researching my next car. I just figured it was another (good looking of course) hatch. I guess most people dont understand what some civics can do. We dont have acura as a brand in the uk, the teg is sold as a honda, and only as a type r, which i believe didnt even come with a stereo. Thats why people love them - its the best handling fwd car in the world, it has no stuff to get in the way of driving it, and it has that 'engineering first, aesthetics second' look!

Old 05-27-2006, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

it's all about marketing and name cachet.

integras got lots of both. civics only got lots of the first...

Old 05-27-2006, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

maybe it has something to do with the name to, i mean you hear Civic, and when you think of the first thing other then the car, it usually ends up being something like a town hall or political stuff. But you hear Integra and the first thing that you think of other then the car is something that is strong and complete, in fact the exact definition of Civic is "Of, relating to, or belonging to a city, a citizen, or citizenship; municipal or civil" and the Definition of Integrity is "1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code. 2.The state of being unimpaired; soundness. 3.The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness." that is just my 2 cents on the subject, but to me they are both Awesome cars, but for some reason the Integra has alway had a higher place in my heart... i think it has something to do with wanting one wince i was 10, and i have always had a civic since i was 6.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:11 PM

Two points...
1) If the integra was so f'ing great, they would'nt call it an RSX today.
2)When you compare civics to integras, its like comparing an expedition to a navigator or a tahoe to an escalade.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Cam
HCF Member

but the integra was f'ing great. Ever driven one mate? I guess honda think the average American will be able to cope with a name change, plus it keeps honda on its toes; it cant start making ****e cars and selling them on the back of a name like so many other companies do...

Old 05-28-2006, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pico suave

Two points...
1) If the integra was so f'ing great, they would'nt call it an RSX today.
2)When you compare civics to integras, its like comparing an expedition to a navigator or a tahoe to an escalade.
They still do call it the Integra, it just the boys with Acura decided to chane it in North America cause they are on this HUGE three letter acronym name thing that has to have the letter X in it, like RSX, TSX, NSX, MDX, RDX, CSX, SLX ect ect... the only cars that acura has that i can think of off the top of my head that don't hve three letter acronyms right now are the TL and RL...do they still make the EL and CL? gone are the days where they had actual names, like Vigor, Legend, Metro, and Integra(only in NA). the RSX is still a DC5, and the DC% is still an Integra. and if i ever got an RSX i would actually go out of my way to get some Integra badges to slap on it.

and for the second one, it IS like comparing those cars, you are right, cause those are just luxury versions of the regular, but have more power under the hood

Old 05-28-2006, 08:58 AM

yeah i drove my buddies, LS and i felt like i couldnt see much...the dash and windsheild are all wierd...

Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: D16z6

People hate Civics because they are slow and half of them are ricer that drives it thinking that their muffler making it fast and their spoiler adding 25whp.

That is so true. i mean all i have is an intake on mine, but i don't go around trying to say that i have crazy amounts of hp. people give civics a bad wrap
________
Scottish cooking

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:03 AM.