General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

wierd looking wiring issue. 99civic please help out what is this? also trunk wire. alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default wierd looking wiring issue. 99civic please help out what is this? also trunk wire. alarm

well i instaled my lcd paging alarm/starter saturday and i pull the drivers kick panel to find two suprises....

1 due to the size i wont post image direct click to view.....
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...icALARM003.jpg

WTF are those thier for? does anyone know?
nothing was connected to them and from looking at all the wires thier wasnt any alarm system on this car before BUT it does look like someone wired in a ghetto starter kill....
looks like the starter should just be looped....
but to me it just looks like a thieves hot wire dream wire!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...icALARM004.jpg

so far i got 99% of the alarm instaled to the fullest and working great. only thing im missing in my instal diagram is the trunk lid sensor. im sure thier should be a wire under the dash since thier a indiactor in the dash cluster!
just trying to keep from running no unnessary wires thru my civic! still trying to decide if i should wire in trunk poper or a power window modual for my windows and/or sunroof.
but so far love the paging alarm!
just upset it didnt come with a 2nd remote. just the single paging lcd remote, no standard remote included

any help is GREATLY apriciated!
just looking at all those conectors makes the car looked hacked up. surely thats not factory!

i plan on start building my trunk setup this week since now i have all my equipment and pleanty of wire. just gotta buy alittle more MDF and start doing it.