General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

window condensation

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Default window condensation

Has any Honda Civic 2006 owners encounter problems withwindow condensation on the inside windows. This happen to me during the winter months. I have to park my car out doors and there is no water leakage or anything in the car that would cause this moisture problem. When there is ice on the outside windows there is condensation on the inside. I took the car to the dealership and they can't figure this out. What I notice at the dealership is that all of the new civics had this similairproblem inall thenew cars. I figure with all the owners of the new civic that live in colder climates park outdoors, don't encounter this problem. The dealership can't figure this out except to dry the car out indoors and see if this works temporary????

Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: window condensation

well on the older civic there a selection of fresh air and recyled air when you turn your heater on it reclying the moisture from the car and putting on your windows try the fresh air or visa virsa

Old 05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

I own an '06 LX. I have noticed condensation on the windshield also. When you direct air to the floor there is no air going to the windshield. All other cars I have owned at least sent a littleair to the windshieldwhenever the heater was on. You must at leastuse the floor/windshield setting to get any air to the windshield at all, and if the weather is above freezing the AC comes on as well. I find myself constanly changing the setting from floor to floor/windshield to keep the windshield dry and the AC not running constantly. I live in northern Illinois and the winters fog up the windows regularly. I consider it a minor annoyance.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

you guys can always use rain x anti for spary it works good i hear

Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM

I have try everything the dealership has suggested like running the ac with the heater to dry the windows, but I amtalking a lot of condensation especially the front and back windows. Its a pain in the butt if you are in a hurry to work in the morningand the windows are iced up inside .

ORIGINAL: Gene J

I own an '06 LX. I have noticed condensation on the windshield also. When you direct air to the floor there is no air going to the windshield. All other cars I have owned at least sent a littleair to the windshieldwhenever the heater was on. You must at leastuse the floor/windshield setting to get any air to the windshield at all, and if the weather is above freezing the AC comes on as well. I find myself constanly changing the setting from floor to floor/windshield to keep the windshield dry and the AC not running constantly. I live in northern Illinois and the winters fog up the windows regularly. I consider it a minor annoyance.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

Well let the car warm up and it will throw hot air at the windows, or if the condensation is from rain outside, just use the ac and it will take it off right away. As for the back windows, use the defroster button

Old 05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
HCF Member

Rain-X anti-fog and a remote-start would get you off to work right away.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

yeah, like daliwong said run the heater with the a/c button on the a/c will suck up the moisture, alsomake sure the position is on defrost