Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Air Conditioning Causes Condensation, May Have Leaked into Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Default Air Conditioning Causes Condensation, May Have Leaked into Radio?

Hi everyone this is my first post here!

Last night i got out of my car (2009 Honda Civic Si) to find that there were little droplets of water around all the vents. i believe i had the air conditioning on while the windows were open, and it was a very humid evening. could this have caused the condensation, or is it possible that something else may be causing the water droplets to form?

Anyway, i believe some of the water leaked into the radio display because the red-backlit display now has white edges where i believe the water leaked.

i don't know if there's anything i can do about it at this point (the radio works as does the air conditioning) but it would be nice if someone could shed some light on this for me. after a thorough search on google, i am still confused.

thanks everyone

Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 AM
HCF Member

being that you essentially have a brand new car, I'd suggest that you take it to the dealer and have them check it out. if anything, they should replace the radio if there was condensation and water leakage into the radio.