General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

windows fogging up

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Default RE: windows fogging up

I have a similar problem ill start driving and all my windors will be clear but after about 30 mins of driving the quarter windows and the back window will fog back up and i cant get them to de-fog again. Even with the heat cranked to the max.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:12 AM
HCF Member

its all about the ac. that will take the moisture out of the air. its not going to hurt it at all to run it in the winter with the heater on. its not a cooler, its an air "conditioner", meaning it conditions the air, by taking the moisture out of it. if you run the AC with the heater, it will dry out the interior more than anything. if its wet outside at all, or even just humid, opening your window will only help while youre driving, and it wont actually dry anything out.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM

Wow thanks i dint know you could run both at the same time ill have to do that today.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

, it could be a water leak, you may not be able to see the water it may be under the floor mats just adding excess moisture to the car, or possibly the sunroof drains maybe leaking into the car.

A freind of mine has an 07 she has a problem with windows fogging alot, the car even has rust on some of the seatback hinges, while my car has no problems at all.

On her car moisture can be seen around the bottom of the windshield on the inside, at times

Old 12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

Wow this is from 05, but that's man, but if I just use the A/C it gets rid ofit fast. Its just from moisture on me like a wet jacket or your breath. Also she should try cleaning the inside of her windows with like invisible glass, this helped for me as well.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:30 PM

It won't hurt a thing to run you A/C during the winter....and as you know, the temperature can still be controlled with the hot/cold ****. In addition, when you have the A/C and/or heater on, it will improve the circulation of inside air and improve the efficiency of the heater and A/C to crack one of your side windows a half inch or so. If you don't like the noise associated with opening the driver's side window a bit, then open one of the back windows.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL 2005 topic post.LMFAO

but all this AC talk.... but what about NOT having AC.LOL
i swear i need to try some stuff on my 94coupe since it doesnt have AC.... keeping the windows unfrosted on the inside is hell!!!!! yesturday i drove all the way to work with a 8inch circle opening thru the windshield cause i couldnt get it to defrost any beter
wish it had AC.LOL cause i never had problems with my 99coupe!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: trickyvick

The newer Hondas (My Element for one) turn the a/c on automatically when the defrost is selected...you can disable it (return it to manual) but that is the factory setting.....I personally do not like it when things (computers, cars, etc....) do things "for me".....I have always been a hands-on kind of guy (no jokes ladies).

How do you disable this?

I use rain-X anti fog. Works great

Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 AM

2slo4u....Look near the bottom of page 3 on this forum (it may appear on page 4 by the time you read this) for a thread entitled "Deactivating A/C from Defroster" which I wrote about a week ago. It will tell you exactly what to do to enable you to run the defroster with and/or without the A/C.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 AM
HCF Member

yeaa once the car warms up blast the heat on the windshielfd that helps too and it keeps you warm

Quick Reply: windows fogging up