General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Worst Ricer Minute!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

Dad dies, life insurance, I'm buying that 95 Supra that's 4 blocks away. I had the thing ,no lie, three hours. I was showing it to my cousin and took her for a ride. Well we came up to this interstate on ramp, you know the circular ones that are so much fun in your Civic, and got around it at about 60 and was doing fine until the end when the RWD got away from me, to make matters worse I did what I shouldn't have, that's right slammed on the brakes locking the wheels. Outcome, front left fender found the only sign that graced that on ramp and scrapped the rim a bit. I was late 18 I think, just 19 and if I could go back and do it again I would have spent that money on my Civic. I sold it and actually saw it at a local track not to long ago. The guy I sold it to had sold it to another guy who put a roof scoop on the targa, I wanted to punch him.

Anyway, if your young and have a bunch of money don't go buy the first car you think you want, or at least get to know the car first.

Also that day spawned my dislike for RWD. Sure it has advantages and I had a bad experience but I prefer FWD. Aww youth.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by sir_bobos
...another guy who put a roof scoop on the targa, I wanted to punch him.
LOL, roof scoop...

"yea dude it let's my interior get better airflow... i can turn off the a/c now and i gain like 30HP"

Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
^^lol, you reminded me of this kid who had a jetta (not a nice one, an old ****ty one), said he wanted to race me... so i asked him what was done to it, and he was like "you know the regular, intake, header, exhaust, intake manifold." so i asked him to show me, because i honestly wanted to see it, i didn't really doubt him at first... but he just goes "man you don't show someone what's under your hood." i called BS on that one and agreed to race, and then he goes "i don't have enough gas."
obviously he was lying about the parts then if he challenged me to race and then backed down when i agreed. what a ***
haha yeah theirs alot of those kids around my area.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
HCF Member

People like that get on my last nerve...I don't understand what kinda kick they get outa sayin they got something under the hood and lie about it.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 AM

first off, this is hilarious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0

close call:

about 4 years back, 10:30 pm, I-15 Southbound coming into Lake Elsinore, i am in my old DA9 cruising at around 80 in the fast lane as i come up on a 95 ish accord that was moderately riced/chromed/beat up in the center lane.

so, i continue past him, and he accelerated to stay directly beside me, trying to initiate a race. well, i had quite the collection of driving infractions at this point in my life, and do not want to jeopardize my license over a garbage accord. he eventually lets off, but stays a few car lengths behind me.

less than a mile later, in the slow lane, i see a rolling pile of blue and yellow fiberglass, and after thinking about it for a few days, came to the conclusion that it was some sort of ford focus. well the accord pulled on the focus, and they started goin. i couldnt help myself, and i jumped in as well. within a couple seconds the accord wasnt even in the race anymore. the focus and i are bumper to bumper, me in the fast lane, him in the slow lane. at around a buck ten, my radar detector starts going ape$#!+ on KA and i immediately slam on the brakes.

piggy piggy on the side of the freeway.

the focus saw him, but not soon enough, and was closest to him being in the slow lane... he was lit up and followed off the freeway, only to have his car impounded, im sure.

luckily i got away with only a few driblits of pee in my chonies.

i <3 my solo s2.

shifting my auto (LOL):

i have ALWAYS driven a stick, so... yeah, whatever, still a dumb move, lol...

an ex girlfriend of mine and i went to oahu a few years back to celebrate an anniversary, and my rental car ended up being an automatic wrx. well, i had been shifting it pretty much the entire day at stop signs/lights... then i got on the freeway, and when i wasnt paying attention, i downshifted.

its a brake, not a clutch genius.

luckily there was no one behind me when i came to a screetching halt... the look on my ex's face was priceless.

Last edited by gambler; 09-25-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
HCF Member

Man, my worst ricer minute will be in about ten minutes...
I've had my car sitting in the garage since it was wrecked, except to take it out to get an alignment. I've been waiting for parts. I finally got my new headlights and left headlight supports, put those on and my car is now legal to drive. I'm planning on driving it about 30 miles to Monument. Now then, keep in mind that I don't have a bumper cover on, no driver side fender, and two brand new projector headlights. I'm almost tempted to put the old bumper cover back on, it would cover most of the front.... lol
Still have another 1-2 weeks til I get my bumper and fender... then I have to get a paint job and all... bah.

Another ricer moment, you know those stupid kids that go to parkinglots and blast their music? I've got a rather nice system that kicks the butt of most systems, particularly teenagers with stock or polk speakers. But yeah, I always blast my stereo and completely beat their rap with my rock as I'm driving away. I love the expressions... but yeah, I've been driving my grandma's 08 Malibu around as my car hasn't been legal to drive for nearly two weeks. So yeah, driving around in that, notice some "gangster" kids that have their neon cranked. I go to turn my stereo up... but wait, her car has factory speakers. Craaaaaaap.... I turned it back down and continued quickly on my way.... :P

Old 09-25-2008, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

That video was priceless gambler. I almost died, "its rotary turbo with headers". LOL

Old 09-25-2008, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

This is isn't really a funny story like the others, but more of a warning to be careful to you guys who aren't.

I had just gotten my liscence like 2 weeks ago and bought a Nissan 300zx TT manual. One day we were bored and just chillin at my friends house with some people. it was near midnight, and we were spending the night at my friends house, and his parents were in California for a few days. So anyway, we decide to go teepee this kids house. We all take our cars and fitted about two people per car (drivevr + passenger) into a '97 Jetta, a '99 turboed Honda Civic (forgot the model), a '07 Subaru WRX, and my 300zx TT. anyway we had just finished teepeeing the house when the owner chases us, then jumps in his car and starts trying to follow us. we leave him far behind and our 4 cars are going down a really long and empty hill. anyway my friend in his jetta, whos in front, starts picking up speed and is going 110 down the hill. we kind of follow his lead and start trying to pass each other up on the hill. then, I remember hearing a tire screeching and the next thing i know my friends in their jetta are in a ditch. we turn around to help them, and when we stepped out of our cars and got closer to their wrecked cars, and we saw that the car was empty. we ran up to the hood and looked in and the windshield was broken, with blood on the hood and the glass shards. we called the cops, then we heard a shouting sound from the woods bordering the road. we fan out and start looking, and eventually we find the driver. we look farther out and we found the passenger.

apparently the driver (mike) had gotten flung out of the windshield along with the passenger (ellis). when mike got flung out, he had hit a tree, then started crawling away from the car deeper into the woods (?). ellis didn't hit anything, but also started crawling away from the car (apparently they were disoriented and thought the lights from across the woods were an ambulance).

mike managed to make it with no life threatining injuries, but parts of ellis' arms and legs are severely burned now. he wears long sleeve shirts and jackets everday to school now, even in summer. his bitch of a girlfriend broke up with him 2 days after she saw his burn wounds

Last edited by sittinSideways; 09-25-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Alright this one is kinda funny.

Me and my dad are in his corvette and we are going super slow because there is a kid in a mustang behind us. He is revving his motor and is showing off in front of his girl. We go super slow at a light turning onto a highway, so he has to wait for the next light. (Just to show him to not be such a douche). He revs up really high and turns onto the highway. His tires are squealin and he blasts down the road. Little did he know a soccer mom in a mini-van was frightened by the noise, so she hit the breaks. He ended up rear-ending her. We were dumb founded at how stupid the kid was. And the worst part was that his girlfriend was in the passenger seat. Lesson learned is to not show off to your girlfriend during rush hour.
I thought that was a no brainer, but I guess not.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigolsackapoo
Little did he know a soccer mom in a mini-van was frightened by the noise, so she hit the breaks.
$5 says she let go of the steering wheel too

(not to be sexist or anything), but i've noticed every time i see an average female driver get startled while driving she lets go of the steering wheel

not really a rice moment, but this was pretty funny...
So there was this tropical storm hitting FL (for those of you who think a tropical storm is a big deal, it's usually not... it just means lots of rain) and we wanted to skateboard the next day, but the nearest indoor skatepark not requiring a waiver (we wouldn't have been able to get one notarized in time) was in Miami, about 200 miles south of where I live. So we got up at the *** crack of dawn, and drove down there. We skated, and on the way back there was this BMW (idk what model) who rode my *** for like 20 minutes when he could have passed and he was starting to **** me off. So we decided to pull up right beside this mini-van and go their speed, which was like 5mph under the speed limit. BMW dude got pissed off and started riding my tail more, so we stayed with the mini-van for like 5 minutes, and then sped up and he finally passed us. So eventually, he slowed down back to the speed limit and we ended up catching up to him again. We look over and the dude takes off real fast like a dick, so I catch back up to him and fly by him and road block his *** again. he eventually got so frustrated he took the next exit and got off the interstate. lol

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-25-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Worst Ricer Minute!