General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Worst Ricer Minute!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

I had a truck keeping pace with me for only god knows what reason. Anyways he was in the left lane, and I was in the right. I needed to get in the left lane so i started to speed up which lead to the truck speeding up. I got pissed off at this and dropped down to 2nd and started to burn by. It became a decent race, but i pulled ahead just in time since a brinks truck was right in my lane. Apparently though I hit 160kms (100mph) in a 60kmh zone (37mph). FYI this is was the first night I owned my civic, and was the 2nd time ever driving it. I haven't gone that fast since. Oh and need I remind people previously I was driving a 93 4Runner 4x4 Automatic.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

I dunno it was pretty easy to pull away, mind you it wasnt the quickest pull, but i know the guy was giving all he had especially when he was still racing after i passed the brinks truck in his lane.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
$5 says she let go of the steering wheel too

(not to be sexist or anything), but i've noticed every time i see an average female driver get startled while driving she lets go of the steering wheel

not really a rice moment, but this was pretty funny...
So there was this tropical storm hitting FL (for those of you who think a tropical storm is a big deal, it's usually not... it just means lots of rain) and we wanted to skateboard the next day, but the nearest indoor skatepark not requiring a waiver (we wouldn't have been able to get one notarized in time) was in Miami, about 200 miles south of where I live. So we got up at the *** crack of dawn, and drove down there. We skated, and on the way back there was this BMW (idk what model) who rode my *** for like 20 minutes when he could have passed and he was starting to **** me off. So we decided to pull up right beside this mini-van and go their speed, which was like 5mph under the speed limit. BMW dude got pissed off and started riding my tail more, so we stayed with the mini-van for like 5 minutes, and then sped up and he finally passed us. So eventually, he slowed down back to the speed limit and we ended up catching up to him again. We look over and the dude takes off real fast like a dick, so I catch back up to him and fly by him and road block his *** again. he eventually got so frustrated he took the next exit and got off the interstate. lol
I actually hold the wheel tighter. Then again I was trained by my brother... :P

I've done that a couple of times. Let me clarify first though, I have absolutely no issues with people trying to get around me. However, when I'm in the right lane and there's a perfectly clear left lane available thats when I get pissy. Actually, something I've found works really well on *** riders is waiting til they get really close, then turning on your headlights. Its like it doesn't register that there should be two more lights coming on (spoiler and third brake). They typically back way off.

One time I was merging onto the highway and these kids in a late 80's looking Accord wouldn't let me on, at least not in front of them. So I get behind them, no issues. I was in a rather richy area of town, its not that uncommon for people to do that there. They start going a bit slower, I get into the left lane, we come up on a semi going about 40. They shoot in front of me, get side by side with the semi, then match his speed. At this point I'm getting a little angry, the highway is 75mph, its 11pm and I'd like to get home and get to bed. I get a little bit closer to the Accord's bumper than I usually would, just to show you know "hey, I'd really like to get by" Not riding his *** by any means. We go on like this for ten miles, finally my exit comes, and third, forced turn lane pops up. I get over and accelerate, the Accord gets in front of the semi and the passenger starts waving his middle finger at me. At this point I'm like wtf.... I did nothing wrong to my knowledge.... Just some kids being punks I guess/.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

Ha - got one.
Rental fun:

My 05 dodge was having tranny problems. Couldn't shift - and I had never grinded gears... grr..
Anyways.. I get a rental. 06 Kia Spectra or some crap. I took some friend to a large abandoned parking lot.. and showed them how to do 180's and 360's and J-turns.. all that fun stuff. I kept bombin the tranny. Had a great time.
Next morning, I go to try to head to work and get about half way there. Suddenly, I have no go. None. I am suck on the side of the highway - and its raining. I check the tranny fluid - bone *** dry. I keep trying to get tranny to grab a gear.. no luck. I tried to put it in park, but it got stuck in reverse.. and worked. THIS little piggy riiigghhtt here drove that SOB 5 miles IN reverse to the rental company.. =)

Old 10-05-2008, 08:00 PM

well i got a few lol. driving a auto like a manual thats been done alot i still do it in my t/a but it has a built th350 tranny with 3500stall

when i was with my ex she had a 99 ex auto i put a intake on it and she ended up cracking a weld right where the pipe goes into the muffler one night trying to race my 86 t/a. well whenever i would drive her car i would rev at just about everything just cause i thought the car sounded funny.

guy in town had a black toyota ECHO ok well he had a 3foot wing on it big silver dragon down the side rims and neon green painted drum brakes on rear and calipers in front with huge *** muffler cocked to the side out back. he would always rev at me when i used to cruise around in my 86 t/a but would never race me and when i talked to him he would talk smack how he rebuilds his motor every40k and that he has beat stroked 5.0 stangs with spray ect ect.

this is a good one from lastnight i was headed to town with my gf and the baby we were in the yukon and i saw this guy in a blue crx with si wheels lowered exhaust ect not too bad looking of a car well i rode by and gave a lil throttle to make the intake hum well he comes after me when i get to a light he kept reving and inching up wanting to race. i was not planing on racign since i had the baby with me. light turned green and we both slowly pulled away so i figured what the hell i rolled into it from about 25mphto the top of first gear and well i heard him nail it and by the time i let off all i saw were his headlights in my mirror. well he then followed us around town and had a buddy of his following us too i got to another light and they stayed behind and my gf could hear them yealling at each other that they were gona beat my *** and set me straight.....hum ok for what? they followed for a lil then did a u turn the the middle of traffic and went back the other way. i respect imports but not when the driver makes them look bad and has a bad attitude when he is beat.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by eclipsefan
Tru congrats on that old win then :P Lol ill keep my eye out for females letting go of steering wheels.
One work: Honk. It makes people jump so badly... particularly the females. Prime time to watch them let go of the wheel. :P

I've always wondered, can you get a ticket for driving in reverse so long as you're going the right direction? Probably, huh? What sort fo ticket would that even be? lol

Last edited by Shbek; 10-05-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

Yeah - Probably wreckless driving..
People behind you cannot see your brake lights, nor can you truly see whats in your direction of travel very well.
If a cop would have pulled me over, I had some sob story for him. If I ever do anything worth getting pulled over, I make up a story as I do it. Helps get out of tickets.
My favorite excuse is '' That guy in the --insert random car make/model here -- was chasing me down! " Works great.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Angry Admin

punisher your sob story is exactly like what happened to me. lmao we were driving down a two lane highway and there was some idiot going slow in the passing lane so we went around him on the right but he sped up to stop us passing him so we ended up cutting him off lol because we were coming up on a minivan in the right lane. well then he started tailing us really close so we turn into a little neighborhood and they follow us, so we are speeding around this neighborhood trying to lose him we get to a dead end and then we whip the car aroudn and make it around him and we are about to lose him when some guy backs his truck across the road and stops us. so we are like hes chasing us plz just let us go and hes like no i called the cops... blah blah blah long story short the cops get there and are more pissed at the ppl who called them than us so we get off scot free lol. was really awkward entire neighborhood was outthere watching us and they had their kids and everything felt like i was on an episode of cops...

Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

I got a bad one. didn't happen to me but I got it on tape! and I was being a bit "riser-ish" drifting around and all. Me and my buddies were out drifting in the fresh snow powder of one of chicago's many industral parks around 2 in the morning. No traffic, 3in of fresh snow and TON of open concrete. So we're messing around for like 1/2 hour or so and get tired of the spot and go looking for a new one. We drive by a kroger and notice a nice flat open area behind the store. Well one of my buddies drivin a slammed audi a4 takes off first. He took off a little fast, so me in my civic and my other friend in his integra watch him go ( i'm recording) he pulls it sideways, and around and sideways again then we dont see him any more. I'm like WTF? So we go check out what happened and there was a nasty drop-off at the end of the parking lot and he was going fast enough to catch the curb full sideways and flip his car twice down this little ditch thing! all air bags blown, anailiated like 3 trees, snapped the wheels on the impact side in half! His dad got it covered under insurance haha! But he never went drifting with us in the snow again. Consider lesson learned.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 PM

wow that would suck lol. we used to go out a drift in the snow alot in my moms old jetta since i couldnt get my trans am to move in the snow lol. i did take my camaro out one time in snow up to the bottom of the doors im surprised i never wrecked. friend of mine did it in his "blue bomb" 88 tauras wagon lol had the foot brake parking brake lol

Quick Reply: Worst Ricer Minute!