General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

YAY Found my Civic! Going in 1 hour to look 99% chance I buy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 AM
HCF Member
Default YAY Found my Civic! Going in 1 hour to look 99% chance I buy!

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1340792807.html

Called the guy like 20 min after it was put up so I get first dibs!
Going to look at it in an hour and odds are I'll buy it, only thing wrong is a cracked windshield and he said he will compensate with the price for it.

What a piece of **** it turned out to be.

Last edited by Scott53092; 08-26-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Be careful with that man. I saw that too and I didn't call because of the price. It's too low and sounds fishy. Please bring a friend with you so that you don't get mugged. Don't flap the money around either, hide until you're ready to pay.

Good Luck!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

You live around Milwaukee? =O

And its a 19 year old kid who has it... his dads dying and bunch of other stuff he said so he is selling it and wants to get rid of it. My dad is going with me and he is a cop so if they kid wants to try somethin he picked the wrong people LOL.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

Ya I'm a bit wary, but that's a really good deal if it's for real

Old 08-25-2009, 09:32 AM

Looks good. Glad you are smart enough to bring someone along. NEVER meet up with someone on CL by yourself, period.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
NEVER meet up with someone on CL by yourself, period.
Why not? I've done it like 3 times, lol

Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Why not? I've done it like 3 times, lol
Imagine some stupid kid wandering somewhere to buy something off CL only to get mugged, jacked and who knows what else buy a bunch of drug addicts lol.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 AM

I guess it all depends on where you live and where you are meeting with someone. I have done it as well (meeting up with CL by myself) in the past. However, my bro was to meet someone at a recreational family park outside of Philly (not a bad neighborhood either), and he had a gun shoved into his ribs for $300. He called the cops afterwards and they found him about an hour later.

I have too much to live for including my son to get killed/hurt over some stupid CL ****. lol

Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
Imagine some stupid kid wandering somewhere to buy something off CL only to get mugged, jacked and who knows what else buy a bunch of drug addicts lol.
So should I be afraid to go to the grocery store? Should I be weary of pumping gas at the gas station?

You can't live your life in constant fear of being mugged.

Also, a tip is that if you always meet the person at their house, if they do pull a gun on you, give them the money and hope they let you leave... but the thing is, now the cops will know exactly where the perpetrator lives. Only time i've met anywhere besides the seller's house is at a Circle K gas station, and that's because I already knew the guy. IDK, I just think you're less likely to run into trouble if you meet at their house (unless it's in the middle of nowhere or in a bad neighborhood)

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-25-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 AM

You can't live your life in constant fear of being mugged.
I'm not saying all that. Let's say you post a WTB ad for a phone or something like that. The ad you make states you have "X" amount of money and you want to meet up. Everyone who reads that knows how much cash you have and knows that you are ready to meet up and spend it. When you go to the grocery store, you are around a lot of people and being at the grocery store doesn't mean you have a whole butt load of cash in your pocket.

Also, a tip is that if you always meet the person at their house, if they do pull a gun on you, give them the money and hope they let you leave..
Hope... that's the key word there. I met up with someone at their house only because I knew them personally. If they were smart, it wouldn't be their house, so if he/she did pull a gun and let you leave, you would be giving the cops the wrong address. Or they could be smart and not let you walk away if they pulled a gun....if you know what I mean.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 08-25-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: YAY Found my Civic! Going in 1 hour to look 99% chance I buy!