General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Is your car peppy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Question Is your car peppy?

Alright so Ive been wondering if its just me or if it happens with all Civics (Or any car for that matter). It seems like my car goes through its days, or even hours. Sometimes it feels peppy, smooth, just generally good. Other days it feels sluggish, rough, etc. Doesent seem to change a whole lot based on temperature or anything do you think that Ive got something causing it or just the average car?

Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

Need more details. Try a tune up, engine oil, tranny oil, oil filter, fuel filter, clean TB/iacv, brake flush, coolant flush new spark and cables, check throttle cable tightness, reset ecu. that might help if you havent done those things recently. Otherwise you would need to be most specific about your problems and really pay attention to when they happen.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

Well, engine oil was just changed not too long ago, tranny oil I plan on chaning soon (5 spd manual, not sure when it was changed) fuel filter was changed about 4-5 months ago, brakes feel alright just put new front pads on, plugs are fine but just changed wires because 2 were real loose (metal jackets inside came off when I pulled the wires), not sure about the throttle cable tightness, I should check that sometime and as far as a ECU reset goes how would I go about something like that?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

throttle cable is easy to adjust but do not make it too tight just not too loose either >_>

to reset ecu disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 minutes or so and then reconnect it. Start the car with no accessories running, ie light fans ect. and let the car idle for about 15 minutes then go for a drive to at least get to full operating temp, let it idle for maybe 5 minutes once back and it should have reset and relearned most perimeters. Over then never 5 or so full heat cycles it will still be 'learning' anything it may need to adjust.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:05 AM

I thought my car was fast 6 months ago.. I am bored with it now since I am used to the power.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I thought my car was fast 6 months ago.. I am bored with it now since I am used to the power.
;-_-;