HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

1993 EH6 del Sol Si, budget track whore all motor car

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Default 1993 EH6 del Sol Si, budget track ***** all motor car

Hello HCF. I'm a new member here but I'm an old school Honda guy as I've been on the Internet talking about Honda's since the mid 1990's...

I like how this forum isn't shy about getting bang for the buck and buying parts from ebay so, I thought I'd share my new project car build up log here.

I was over seas in Taiwan for almost 4 years and didn't do anything automotive during that time except drive my buddy's K20EG there occasionally. I was riding 50 cc 2 stroke scooter every where... that was about it. Anyway, I moved back to California recently (Nov. 2011), and I'm getting back into track whoring and cars on a grand scale. :-) Here is a new project I began:

I just picked up my second del Sol few weeks ago. The color is Milano Red. It is 100% bone stock except for some silly 16" ADR wheels. I'm going to use it as a demo car to show case a budget oriented track ***** setup... It has the D16Z6 SOHC VTEC drive train. I kind of missing having a full interior car, complete with AC and Cruise Control.

Keep watching this log as we install and tune each part. I've decided to name this Project Cheap Dirty SOHC. Since we are on a tight budget, we will be choosing parts that are good quality but as cheap as possible so people can duplicate this car if they wish.

New member of the family! Meet "Cheap Dirty SOHC". AKMEE's new budget all motor SOHC VTEC track ***** project... thanks to Dan @ RCREW for the hook up!

I'm debating if I should pick up a used Milano Red front bumper or just leave it like this...

del Sol seats with blue accents goes well with red exterior.

16" ADR wheels are probably pretty heavy and will also be soon.

Stock ride high is pretty tall and spring rate is way too soft.

Few dings and scratches but overall, pretty good condition for a car that is 18 years old.

Interior is pretty clean overall. Driver's side seat belt's retraction spring is very weak and it is annoying...

I'm not sure if this is original miles on the odometer!

Stock 22 mm front sway bar.

Stock Si does not have a rear sway bar, notice the large stock muffler it is heavy. A 2.5" catback will be among the first modification to the car.

Finished title transfer and insurance recently. Opened checking account and fixed/updated my paypal so I can order the parts from ebay now. Lots of bushings, camber kits, LCA... etc. ordered from buyhardrace.com already. Just got a new in car camera mount and I got a test footage it came out looking awesome. Enjoy.
Project Cheap Dirty SOHC Part 1 - 01-18-2012 in car new camera mount test footage - YouTube

Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 AM

Welcome to the forum! Would you prefer to have this in the project section?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Ahh, I must have missed it when I was looking for the appropriate forum to post this... Project section seems like a better fit, so yes please. Thank you.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM

sorry about the lack of updates. last few weeks i was really busy on sourcing the funding and getting paper works finished up for business. by monday i will be officially co-owner of N1 Concepts. :-)

Cheap Dirty SOHC is high on my priority so you will start seeing regular updates here and on!! I plan to take it up to Sacto raceway to do some base line drag racing just like how I used to do it in the old project remix days.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

all motor d16z6 on a budget? Hope you're not looking for huge numbers or anything.

Keep us updated. I love a good Del Sol build.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM

in 2006 we made 145 whp and 111 ft-lbs on dynojet with project remix (yellow hatch in my .sig) on a budget. bone stock long block except for the AKMEE valve train kit. i feel we will achieve similar results this time as well.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM

Well, as long as you know you won't go over 160whp all motor unless you start spending serious money then you are fine. "Big" hp numbers is an opinion of course

Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 PM

Old 03-28-2012, 04:36 AM

What wheels did you end up going with?

Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 AM

rolling one some BuddyClub cast 15x6.5 right now. i have way too many project cars i need to watch where i spend the $. i was really tempted to get some 14x7 Enkei RPF1's but that would also mean i have to buy new tires. it makes no sense as i have like 40+ 15" tires in storage that i should use up first. lol.

the BuddyClub's that used to be on delly-ohh. these ones:

Quick Reply: 1993 EH6 del Sol Si, budget track whore all motor car