HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/addiction2basss-repair-upgrade-project-civic-96dx-68018/)

addiction2bass 07-22-2008 03:00 PM

RE: my soon to be addition. another civic

well if you want afew parts. i got afew. i have a spare front console cover no shift boot tho. and a cup holder with the back half cut off to clear the EG rear dash bracing. and afew cut up pieces from the stock EG trim panel. i was about mid way thru my own conversion and then i sold the EG so hurried up and threw the stock crap back in it.LOL i also have a grey EG arm rest.
i also have another EK arm rest console ;) BUT i wont sell the arm rest part until i find out if the 96 comes with a arm rest or not.LOL its not pictured.
and i wont just hammer the body out. i only plan on pulling the radiator suport out enough to clear room to slap a radiator in it so i can drive the car around the yard just to test it out. im pretty sure the stock radiator is smashed from the looks in the picture.LOL ill definatly cut out the radiator support and replace eventualy along with everything else i need to do IF all looks good/repairable.
of its even close to repairable ill repair it ;) if the motor is good and i have a good automatic tranny.... why not.LOL now its time to read up on the swap....

reaper2022 07-22-2008 03:30 PM

how much would you want for your leftover console conversion stuff?[8D]

And what swap? Auto to manual? From what Ive heard/seen, its more or less a bolt-on affair... the hardest part being reaching under the dash to bolt the pedals in.

Peg_Leg 07-22-2008 03:42 PM

you owe me a keyboard sir :D

WellFedHobo 07-22-2008 04:28 PM

Can I have the sidemarkers if you aren't gonna reuse them? lol. And if you parted it out after taking the swap, I'm sure you'd make your $700 back.

addiction2bass 07-22-2008 06:11 PM

from what iv ebeen reading you also have to do some wiring... so im not sure how easy it will be to instal the automatic in the 96..... :(
and lets say 35bucks shiped for the front console cover, cut cup holder, and misc pieces from old EG console that i cut up.

and ya know i didnt even notice those sidemarkers.LOL most likely they are cheap @ss trailer markers.LOL tho not sure if id keep them or not just yet.

addiction2bass 07-23-2008 05:23 PM

OK so been thinking very hard lately and reading/posting up info/questions
and heres what i got so far... as long as the 96dx frame is not bent and motor is good- im going to keep it a manual 5speed and just turn the DX into my daily driver-custom car. so most the aftermarket parts that are on my 99ex will end up onto the DX eventualy.
add power locks, windows, swap door panels out to match, swap intake manifold to y8 style instead of retarded straight up intake ;)

custom center console molded to fit my DD Dvd radio.
also all the typical goodies, alarm system, stereo. EX cluster.

mainly because ive heard that puting a automatic into a manual car can be a PITA so thats whats holding me back.
also this 96DX has less milage on it (cluster wise at least) hopefully just one wreck in its life.LOL (my 99s been in at least 3 wrecks)
also black can be a huge PITA to keep looking clean (tho it does look bad @ss when clean)
and i might just put the 99ex back stock as much as posible and just sell it and start looking for a hatchback 5speed maybe.
so many PROS and CONS of both with the 5speed being the main PRO.LOL
only thing i will REALLY MISS is the sunroof! and maybe extra 20HP.
but actualy until friday it could go any way! all depends on complete damage on the car.
also PRO for the 96DX is it does have AC and ABS which is a huge plus for me!

RiseAgain97 07-23-2008 06:05 PM

damn thats pretty messed up i like how they put trailer reflectors where the fender signals would be... BUT the price is like a soar dick... u cant beat it!!

RiseAgain97 07-23-2008 06:08 PM

PS u should buy a front end from www.venus-auto.com they include for free a radiator support so it may help replace the one on that one thats bent!! i bought a Honda domani front end and it came to around 914 thats including shipping from cali to illinois !!! plus.. FREE RADIATOR SUPPORT!!!!!! thats like perfect for this application just have that baby welded on and slap the domani or orthia front end on u can even order it in the color as the car the factory color on the domani and orthia may be a little diff paint mix but! u dont have to paint them if u dont want! but the body lines line up cuz there the same car as the civic!

addiction2bass 07-24-2008 01:40 AM

well i dont know if they are trailer lights. but on ebay the parts that i need to fix the sheet metal looks like only 500-600bucks for everything shiped. im hoping to get a discount on shiping with everything together.

reaper2022 07-24-2008 01:01 PM

yeah, the auto to manual isnt bad... but I cant imagine wiring and everything for a manual to auto being fun.