HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Apostle's R18 Turbo Charged 08' Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

turbo is burning oil?? hows your return line? sometimes it can not flow out fast enough.

if its a ball bearing turbo then HECK YES, get a restrictor! they call for way less oil than journal bearings, it can seep past the seals with to much oil.

and hows your compression? im sure its fine that new of a car but its just another possibility.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

(sorry about my comment, I read your comment as being very sarcastic. I just meant people like to see where you install the gauges)

Yeah, 4 of us with the kit are all burning oil. It is a bearing turbo. And it's supposed to havea restrictor, but it's not restrictive enough for the amount of oil the R18 pumps through my lines. And they keep sending us the wrong parts to fix it. So when I do get the restrictors, and it's still leaking, I will be getting a free new turbo.

I had my tuner to a compression test. All the cylinders were fine.(I was worried I was blowing the engine, but it's fine) Also, I am running a greddy oil catch can system now. But the oil still is burning. Not sure if it's burning in the exhaust or the engine through the intake. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

email stan@fast-turbo.com and tell him what turbo your running. he will get your the right oil restrictor for cheap, its a KILLER EASY fix, ball bearing turbos need hardly any oil to run properly, stupid tsi should have known this from the beginning.

lol and no worries :P i was being kinda blunt.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

I've been talking to TSI, apparently, Garret changed style of restrictor to something different than what they had originally been using. I had sent pictures of what I have to TSI. TSI ordered correct restrictors and are sending me a new one. Hopefully the problem will be solved Then I can get my tune.

But, I did beat a new Mustang GT on the highway to give you some idea of speed. He came flying up behind me when I was going 70, he was probably at 80 already, so I hit the gas and I started wakling him all the way till I got over 120 and then I let off.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

lol nice kills those stangs way a ton but are putting down a fair ammount of power. close to 300hp if im not mistaken in the new gt's

get some zr's on those rims and you wont stop at 120 trust me, ive had mine going 145 now just seeing what she had in it, it was still climbing but i ran out of straight road
ALL HAIL TURBOS!

good luck on that restrictor, and im still excited to see the numbers.