HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

beat2hell93civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Default beat2hell93civic

So this is the Start of my Project thread, I'm starting with a very badly molested 1993 honda civic. Just a little background, A. I have never owned/worked on an import in my life. B. Me and this car got off to a rough start. I bought it from a guy and it drove fine for about an hour, then after that it got worse and worse until it just barely made it to my driveway. Talk about pissed off. Figured out the timing belt slipped and that I would likely have bent valves. And thats what sparked this, I said Hufk it I'm building a mini-me and giving this poor molested car some much needed therapy. At this point I have removed a ton of crap off of the car and plan to replace or repair all of it.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM

YES, I love seeing cars brought back from riced out/dead states.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

whew! what'd you pay for the poor thing? Good to hear its in better hands. I got burned on my purchase pretty badly too... it happens :/

Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Well fortunately i didn't pay any more than 700 for it, It has a motor and trans, and at one point was def an automatic. There is already all kinds of aftermarket **** on it, but the wing has been removed, the cracks in the body kit are being bondo'ed and fiberglassed as we speak, the rust holes are gone and its in pink primer for the red coat lol. I'm poor as **** so its getting a rustoleum paint job. Here is the list of **** I will be doing within the month:

New mini-me swap (ill get the ecu when i can afford it)
Y8 head gasket with middle layer removed
possibly ebay headers, I must conduct research first.
Underdrive pulleys
New water pump
New timing belt (obviously)
New radiator
Painting whole car
Body kit repair
Strut tower bar
After market fuel rail
Plugs
Wires
Cat back exhaust

Basically I'm going to bust my *** to make this car look run and drive good and de-rice/revive this car.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 PM

You gonna do the $100 roller rustoleum paint job? Those can look so legit. But please don't put that same body kit back on... It looks so horrible.

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 03-17-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:49 PM

I have to put the body kit on because i don't have any backup bumpers, I like the back bumper but at some point I will be getting a new front bumper, I'm slopping the front bumper together until i get a new one (I.E. bondo and ****). but yes the rustoleum paint job is what I'm shooting for.
Here is a shot of the car primed

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

Hell yeah im gunna be watching this project! Cars showing some good progress already but pleaseee get rid of the body kit go original or a 99-00 style swap.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

Nice project!
What color red you gonna be using?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm Going with a candy apple red going to take me a **** ton to get this paint job done and done right. The body kit has to stay as I am more concerned about getting this car to run right than I am dropping 200 on a new bumper. I'll deal with that later, the only reason I am doing body werk naow is to ensure that I have a decent looking car when I fire it up. But if I do go for a new front bumper how bout this

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...i00092142.html

I want an aftermarket front bumper but I don't want to get carried away with it. This poor car...

Last edited by beat2hell93civic; 03-17-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:22 AM

Not a fan of the bumper you linked. I would look for a stock bumper, throw a $50 lip on it and call it a day.