HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

croninc's ej8 build up thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
HCF Member

mini update:

changed the oil(mobile 1 synthetic/k&n oil filter), put my stock intake back on for smog(lame cali rules).

Tomorrow I plan on installing the two lower tie bars and installing my energy shifter bushings. After this I wont really have any other parts to install till turbo time!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Just getting to this thread...dude ur turbo situation stinks how that played out but it shows uve got ur priorities straight...go u. And im glad ur eventually going to get back to it one day

Anyway done with the sappy stuff...this car is very awesome and when the turbo does get into it it'll be absolute sex! I love it haha anyway keep up the good work

I like it mainly cause it reminds me of my car situation (except i dont have ANY money at all to put into mine...f-ing sh!ty job and freakin saving for college) cause i have a nice car and just need the time money and effort to get the crap done that i want to get done haha but yah deffinitely like ur eg bro!

ps the VC's u did are fricken amazing! its funny cause i wanna get mine painted either blue or wrinkle black hahaha!

Last edited by Kenny-g; 06-25-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Updates?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:26 AM
HCF Member

ok blah blah blah with all these updates, I keep changing my mind since I dont have the cash flow to actually get anything done haha, but some stuff should be happening very soon. Here is the list of stuff I would like to get done by the end of summer.

So been talking with my dad, car will get painted. Got quoted at maaco for about $1,200. Thats with oem paint job and all body work. I might take it to a friends of a friends shop...might get a deal. Anyways that is first. Next along with the paint job, I want to get a mugen lip, type r grille, and new fog lights because I hit a bunny rabbit and it ripped the plastic piece on the bumper off, sigh...Anyways the fogs were all cracked needed new ones anyways. So I plan on getting some smoked out fogs since no one has them and put the blue lights that look like hids in along with some ones to match in the actual headlights. After all that sohc vtec stickers will go on, and o btw the car will be de-badged except for the H. After that I would like to get some new lower control arms and adjust my suspension a little. Right now my focus is mostly on looks and interior. Finally I would like to get the new shifter and new **** installed along with the bushings. The headliner and shifter + ebrake boot with blue stitching would be an extra thing if I have the money and time.

Finally at some point down the road I would really like to get the turbo project off and running, but I have been thinking it might not be for awhile and I'm starting to tack up a lot of miles. My friends integra just took a dump and he might not have money to fix the engine so he might part the car out. He would probably give me a good deal on the engine and I was thnking I might take the engine up to college with me and fix it/do a minor rebuilt or upgrade. I would have plenty of time to built it up and collect parts for the swap. Idk its a shot in the dark but it would be nice. Its a b18b1 auto tranny btw so it would be a nice little motor to boost even further down the road. Anyways thats the update. O and also once im back a college I plan on begining the wire tuck, first starting with taking out the cruise control and possibly the power steering but I like the luxury of that and a/c.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:14 AM

If you are in need of fogs, I have the housings/bulbs sitting in my garage brand new, I also have a passenger side fog light bezel . They (lights) are clear ones though. Kingdakota was going to buy one off of me, but hasn't signed on in like a week LOL

Good to hear of an update finally! I hear you on the changing your mind thing. I am flip flopping between getting paint work done, building a bottom end, or fixing everything else.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 AM
HCF Member

Glad to see an update croninc, I just noticed you have no sig What happened to one I made? You need a new one? lol

Old 06-30-2010, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
If you are in need of fogs, I have the housings/bulbs sitting in my garage brand new, I also have a passenger side fog light bezel . They (lights) are clear ones though. Kingdakota was going to buy one off of me, but hasn't signed on in like a week LOL

Good to hear of an update finally! I hear you on the changing your mind thing. I am flip flopping between getting paint work done, building a bottom end, or fixing everything else.
I'm interested in those fogs, would you mind sending me a pic or two and giving me a price?
And o yea its tough to make decisions when you dont have all the money you want infront of you for the stuff you want to get done. But you gotta start somewhere right lol. So much little crap that needs to be done, im getting really un-motivated to do anything beyond just getting the car cleaned up and looking nice.

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Glad to see an update croninc, I just noticed you have no sig What happened to one I made? You need a new one? lol
yes I need a new one!!! The springs have settled in and it rides a little lower now, i also have blue lugnuts, and the old 3inch muffler is gone...it did sound nice tho.

Last edited by croninc; 06-30-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

How are the dropzone shocks and coilovers holding up, are you glad you got them?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:19 AM
HCF Member

Pictures are needed.................

sigs

Old 02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MaximusFunk
How are the dropzone shocks and coilovers holding up, are you glad you got them?
I do not like them, dont buy. Im currently saving up for a new suspension.

Anyways big update!!!!!!! GOT A NEW PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for my birthday. Im in college right now so I dont have my car, my parents suprised me with some pictures so I cant wait to go home in a couple weeks. I'll try to get some pics up!

Quick Reply: croninc's ej8 build up thread