HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DaOne's del Sol Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:36 PM
HCF Member
Default DaOne's del Sol Project

So i decided I would just start a build thread even tho its going to be pretty slow..lol
I bought my 93 Del Sol on Aug. 3nd.
and this is what it looked like.. except two rims were spray painted black.. one white... and the other one was red with chrome lip.
Name:  3ne3k93pe5O65X35S5a7m1c07788c1c64161f.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  6.1 KB
Name:  Photo0965.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  156.8 KB
Name:  Photo0968.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  68.6 KB

So the first thing i did was clean out all the crap that was in side.. there was about 7 water bottles, half empty. empty soda cans.. the carpet was pulled off. and it was so dusty..
took me like 2 hours to make it end up looking half decent.
this is what it looks like now.
Name:  Photo1017.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  75.3 KB
Name:  Photo1018.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  66.2 KB

And i didnt move the car untill i spray painted the rims all black lol
Im thinking i wanna have them powercoated glossy black after winter (since summer is almost over). this is what it looked like after spray painting them black, and a nice wash and wax.
Name:  Photo1011.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  125.3 KB
Name:  Photo1009.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  206.1 KB

The only thing i've really only done is replace the driver side transmission mount. it was torn to pieces. And Hook up the P28, (since it was running on P06 when i got it...)
Name:  Photo1010.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  152.2 KB

Im still deciding where i want this build to go, for now i just want it to look OK and to run good... replacing broken interior things like arm rest compartments.. glove box.. etc.

but maybe later on in a few months i wanna
squeeze some nitrous on it, and see how long that lasts (), and then do a motor swap or something.

Some things I will be doing soon (hopefully this week) are...
1. Order a Short throw shifter. ( any recommendations?)
2. And find out where my anntena cable is...lol (cant go to drive inn till i find it lol)
3. Change the muffler to a stock one..(the magnaflow is too loud for me)
4. fix the carpet after finding the anntena..lol

Thats all for now..lol
and picture quality sucks.. thats because all the pics are just straight from my phone. but thats all i have lol
I will try to update this as i do more work on her.. (if anyone cares haha)
Any comments or opinions would be great

Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

Nice project, can't wait to see some more progress.

You should polish the lip on those rims, too bad the lip isn't deeper, but I think it'd look sick, mesh style rims like that pull off polished lips amazingly.

I recommend a b&m shorty, great price and awesome shifter.

Is that just the sticky glue that is left on the trunk from the H?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Nice project im in for more

Old 08-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

nice! you should have painted the rims a gold or bronze, that color looks so sick on red!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 AM
HCF Member

Scott- Yeah i agree. i think polished lip would look tight. i think im going to try it when i get some new lug nuts. thanks!
Yeah the Black is the sticky glue from the old H that the previous owner removed. i think im going to put the H back on tho. Oh and yeah i been looking at B&M shifters! I think im going to order it today. was the installation hard? never really messed with none of that before. but i dont think it can be that complicated haha.

Kenny- Thanks man! its gonna take me some time, since money flow isint the greatest right now haha!

Supersize- I like how gold or bronze colored wheels look too! but i think they would give these wheels too much of a old school look, dont you think?

last night i replaced the magnaflow muffler with an OEM one.
it was tooo loud for my taste.. but now i need to get a exhaust tip to cover up the hole that somebody did when they installed the magnaflow... hopefully i will find a rear bumper to replace it with.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

Hey excited about your new build thread this should be fun! I agree go with the B&M SS. You can get them for about $51.00 and they have a 30% throw differential. I just ordered mine getting ready to install it soon.

Gold would look so amazing on your Del Sol seriously a great color and sticks out more than black does anyday!

Keep the tip simple if you get one nothing that sticks out like crazy, but so far so good man!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

yeah i agree about the tip. im probably gonna trim a few inches from the end of the muffler so that it doesnt stick out as far.
Yeah i saw the thread about your new set up! is that the website that you ordered from?
did you also order the ES bushings?

And about the wheel colors, yeah maybe ill photo chop my wheels a few different colors to see how they look the best.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

Ya bro BMracing.com. My buddy already has this set up on his 96 Civic and yes the Bushing's I got too and so does he. It feels amazing the shifts are short and very precise and the bushings make it very smooth I can't wait to get mine installed.

Ya man try it out wheels make or break a car and gold would make the red Sol stand out!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

I am not really a fan of gold on red, bronze would look sweet though, don't you love the 2 seater feel of the del sol? I loved sitting in mine.... UNTIL winter, those seats suck *** in the winter.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 AM
HCF Member

kingdakota- yeah i love the way short throw shifters feel!

nike- yeah it feels so different compared to my sedan! it just makes it more fun to drive lol
why do they suck in winter? o.O lol
lol the only thing that creeps me out is when i got the rear window down... and the ppl in the car behing me are looking at me thru my rear view mirror...hahaha!

Quick Reply: DaOne's del Sol Project