HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Funtingtons 89si hatch build.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Honestly king you are saying that hopefully we can change him over, who cares if that's what he likes. There's nothing wrong with him liking that stuff, there's two sides of the spectrum. Who really cares if he wants a loud exhaust, it is his car. I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just saying it is his car, his choice. If he wants to be "ricey" so be it, you know how many people say **** about the whole "jdm" scene, it is just like the "ricer" phase. And with it being what under the hood that counts... bs... I'd personaly rather have a good looking car than a beater that is fast. Sure I don't mind having speed and winning a race, but when it comes down to it, I could care less if I win a race on the street, doesn't prove much.
Agreed, I just always give the "rice" speech to noobies because that's how I was accepted here when I first came along saying the same things and with some help and advice from many on here I turned it all around and went clean on everything and still am. of course I don't mind what he does to his car, it's his vehicle and he does what he wants I know and respect that.

And bud if you want cornering speed that means suspension

Old 02-15-2011, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

HUGE GIANT UPDATE!!!*****

I had a friend he bought a 90 integra...it was CLEAN. STRAIGHT BODIED B18 SWAPPED. okay it did not run needed new throttle body, and 02 wiring. we fixed it, but now it is broken again. the motor aspect of this car is sketchy held in by 2 mounts and stuff... but... he said it is not worth it to him, and is letting me take the car FOR FREE. on WED I pick it up. has coilovers intake exhaust motor sway bars camber kit...thing has a bunch of goodies I can swap into my car. I am very exited, get ready I will have updated photos of my car scraping frame on friday

Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

Got that integra home. got it to start but seems to be mis-firing.

got a black bumper that matches my car, but something WILL NOT LINE UP. I will post n00dz tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

got the integra running strong.

got bielstien struts and springs for the civic, and getting it looking clean/stock again pics after I get it painted

Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

just layed down primer today, got new headlights bumper and strip above, also got some steelies with 3 inch chrome lips.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM

Gotta post some pics of the progress, lol. What was the final color gonna be?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 AM
HCF Member

are you rattle canning it or do you have a compressor?

POST PICS!!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:20 AM
HCF Member

I WILL let the pictures do the talking!! hold me to that.

Yes I have painted a hatch before I am using a gun and compressor set up atomizer the whole nine yards. although I have lost my paint booth so I am doing this outside which calls for tons of sanding and waiting for sun as its been 30 degrees here to cold to paint.

final color is going to be a silver, with the new deep steelies and new front end when I get corner lights and assembled expect a HUGE difference. Thanks for looking guys I promise on the pictures.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

some low qaulity teasers. My new wheels look astounding in person(IMHO)
offset is perfect nice and wide with some nice dish to them(IMHO) Going to have to go lower to have it sitting how I want it. I'm on race bilstein struts and springs, older models, will probaly cut off a coil up front and back, or use my old setup in the back...

paint is going on tomorrow.

thats all thanks to anyone who is looking

Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

don't hack the springs. its dangerous and gives you a ****ty ride. we're all on a tight budget, but do it right or you'll regret it later.

Quick Reply: Funtingtons 89si hatch build.