HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Hailchristian's EF (picture Intensive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
excellent! i love it. i wish all us fifth gen guys could get together sometime. ur in cali, im in bama, idk where drew is. we are all spread out.
4th gen son....4th gen

Old 10-26-2010, 06:03 PM
July 2010 ROTM

whoops! was thinking of my old car

Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

You'll all come to OKC. I live in the middle of you all. lol

Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM
July 2010 ROTM

man, thats a haul. let me mapquest it just for fun... standby for edit...
712mi, 11.5 hrs from my zip to okc. only time i took a longer one way was to addison, IL, just north of Chi-town
1483.5mi from san luis obispo, 22 hrs

Last edited by MBrent; 10-26-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

Its about the same from hailchristian's location. lol

Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 PM
July 2010 ROTM

double the distance. check my re-edited post.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

1500 miles. "SURE!"

Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Fck! I want your hatch Christian! Its so nice and now this?! Jesus it'll be damn near perfect muahaha

Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Fck! I want your hatch Christian! Its so nice and now this?! Jesus it'll be damn near perfect muahaha
1. Please don't call me christian reminds me of my mother....chris is fine

2. Thank you

Went down today to grab the front end. Left at nine..stuck in traffic. Got down to LA about 1:30 to the guys house in the projects. Looked at it. Looks pretty good. A couple paint dings on the hood, but im repainting it so who cares.

Got everything for 750. Not bad. The lights look brand new.

So anyways, I borrowed my roommates truck to pick up the stuff and told him he could use my car. He works the graveyard shift so I figured I would be back before he even woke up.

Get a call about 3:30 (at this time I am an hour away from home) with him rambling that the main relay is broken. Note that I allowed him to drive my car once about 3 years ago. I said he could move it up the driveway at my dads house...he burned out up the drive way. He also through a rod right through his engine block of his DOHC ZC crx. This is because he would take third gear to 7500 rpm every time he got on the freeway or a car passed him on the freeway. I really didn't want him to drive my car.

I get home and he gets mad at me cause I put one cig in his ash tray (which already had a bunch of ash in there) and starts going on and on about thats disrespectful..i let you borrow my truck bla bla bla.

Get to my car and try to turn it on and there is no power...at all.

So pop the hood and the battery fuse is blown. I figured something shorted it out..i have wires all over the place anyways so on the way to kregan he tells me he and my other roommate went up to in n out (about 30 miles away from san luis obispo). He then told me he took the long windy road to get there. At this point im starting to make connections to why my car isn't working anymore.

Get the fuse. Back to the car pop it in and Smoke starts coming out from under the dash. I quickly pop back out side and pull the fuse out as fast as I can (car wasn't even on). You have to screw this fuse in with two screws so it doesn't come out quite as fast as you need it to in a time like this.

I trace the smoke to my Clutch cable of all places. Somehow it was grounding at the engine. Ill post pictures of where the rubber burned off it. I looked under the dash to see if any wires are touching it and cant see anything. (under my dash is a nightmare due to the alarm install of the previous owner).

So I wrap the the exposed parts of the clutch cable with a cloth and have to drive about 40 miles to the only autozone with one in stock. This is after going to LA and Back in one day.

First thing I did when I got to the shop was to check to see how and why the the clutch cable was grounding out...couldn't find anything. Installed the new one and then decided it was time to clean house under the dash. I will post pictures later of what I had to manage to untangle and rewire up everything, but everything is looking much better now. The new clutch cable install took a about 5 minutes. Only thing I have left is to get a new fuse for my stereo tomorrow. Somehow that blew too.

Any ideas on how this happened?

My idea is that my friend went on this windy road...smashing the hell out of my precious clutch cable. Got back into town. Exposed wire somewhere touching something. Passenger changes song on the radio which causes enough amps to finally blow the fuses. Thats all I got. It drove fine the 80 miles I drove it. Who knows.

Sorry for writing a book

Cliffs:

Don't call me christian
Thankyou
Got my JDM front end
Friend broke my car
Rewired Car
?????
Profit.

Last edited by Hailchristian; 10-30-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

extra wires from under the dash

Got a quote from a local body shop. Should be about 200 for them to pull out my rocker panel dent. Should be fitting up the jdm front end this weekend as well as stripping paint from the hood and spraying down some primer.

Hopefully more pics tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Hailchristian's EF (picture Intensive)